In today’s ever-changing market, outstanding leaders with specialist skills are more in demand than ever. From high-growth to family-owned SMEs and PLCs, finding and securing leadership talent and building a strong, future-proof executive team is a challenge. That’s where we come in.
As the retained executive search team of Robert Half, we identify boardroom talent who are ideally suited to tackle your company’s unique challenges– discretely and efficiently. We work on tightly defined executive-level and departmental leadership assignments comprising: C-level (CEOs, Executive Directors, CFOs, COOs), technology, sales and marketing, legal and human resources across all industries. We’re leaders at finding great leaders.
Contact us directly at 0207 562 2899
We make use of our many years of expertise and industry know-how to identify and recruit top level leaders, right up to the board of directors and advisory board. Your company’s success is always at the heart of our partnership:
- We help define the specialist capabilities and soft skills necessary for the leadership position you’re offering
- We develop tailor-made search profiles to appeal to and attract candidates who are ideally suited to your requirements
- We advise on strategic issues such as cultural change and business transformation, so that we can work together to develop appropriate interdisciplinary management approaches or support succession planning
- We recommend ways to create a progressive and sustainable HR strategy to secure future-orientated human resource planning at all management levels
To secure talent that will take your company to it’s next stage of growth, we identify leadership personalities who will help shape your company culture and use motivation, communication, empathy and responsibility to initiate changes. With this focus in mind, here’s how we organise our work:
- Assignments are supervised by our senior executive search consultants throughout the whole search process and beyond, to guarantee successful teamwork
- Our boutique approach is balanced with the strengths of our robust worldwide network, which we can deploy in our search assignment if required
- Suitable candidates for your assignment are evaluated and shortlisted, and the relevant profiles are prepared ready for your decision in combination with background checks
- We support and moderate salary and contract models between you and your preferred candidates
- We closely monitor and coordinate all parties during the critical transition period
- We support your new leaders during their integration into your company and mentor them for their first twelve months
In short, we don’t just define our relationship with you in terms of search assignments. We consider trust, the utmost discretion, and long-term cooperation to be at the heart of our business.
As a one of the ‘The worlds’ most admired companies in 2022’ according to Fortune magazine, we’re respected all over the world for successful appointments of MDs to supervisory board members. In 2022, Forbes magazine named us one of “America’s Best Executive Recruiting Firms” for the sixth successive year. Here’s our recipe for success:
- Our focus is on the passive candidate market: virtually all the executives we put forward were not actively looking for a new job before we contacted them.
- We don’t leave anything to chance: every assignment is monitored exclusively by our experienced senior consultants and research team, who apply their in-depth specialist knowledge and robust network access to your assignment.
- We’re in a position to find ideally suited leaders for you using a timeline and milestones agreed with you, often in less than 90 days.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting are part of our DNA, and your continued success is our success.
Whether you’re publicly listed or in private, family, or private equity ownership our many years’ experience in this sector ensure we’re very familiar with the challenges you face. We’ve successfully filled more than 2,500 key positions, in specialist fields and industries all over the world.
Our executive search recruiting process
We conduct extensive research to build a profile of your ideal executive.
We develop a handpicked pool of custom-matched executive talent.
You conduct back-to-back interviews of select, highly skilled executives.
You make your final selection, and we manage all recruitment and negotiation.
You hire an experienced, top-notch executive under an accelerated timeline.
A selection of executive positions we’ve successfully filled
- Chief Data Officer, Facilities Management
- Chief Executive Officer, Financial Services
- Chief Executive Officer, Not for Profit
- Chief Financial Officer, Chartered Membership Association
- Chief Investment Officer, Property
- Commercial Director, Technology
- Commercial Finance Director, Transport
- Communications Director, Maritime
- Director of Home Delivery, FMCG
- Director of Partnerships & Business Development, Technology
- Finance Director – Europe, Market Research
- Finance Director - Operations, Industrial
- Global CFO, Technology
- Group Finance Director, Retail
- Group Financial Controller, Retail
- Head of Marketing, Financial Services
- Head of Sales, Security
- Investor Relations Director, Manufacturing
- IT Audit Director, Automotive
- IT Director, Packaging
- Managing Director, Consultancy Services
- Operations Director, Shipping/Logistics
- Project Manager, Real Estate
- Sales Director, B2B
- Sales Director/Managing Director, Security
- Senior Manager, Financial Services
- Shared Services Director, Distribution
- Technology Director, Insurance
Acclaim for Robert Half executive search
The work of our leading executive search firm is valued across global businesses. Forbes magazine has repeatedly named us one of “America’s Best Executive Recruiting Firms” – placing us at no. 1 in 2022 as the best executive search enterprise.
However, what counts most is our satisfied customers. If you’re happy, we’re happy too. Here’s a selection of recent testimonials:
Charlie and his team were brilliant. They went through the whole process with me up front. Stayed in regular contact with me regarding the search. They listened to all of my requirements for the role and found me a candidate that was accepted by the business as well as my leadership. It went much faster than I anticipated and I couldn't be happier.
- Sr. Director of Compensation
They actively searched nationally for the best fit for our organisation, conducted the necessary rigorous background checks and built a personalised, objective picture of each of the candidates alongside their CV’s which made our selection process both efficient and meaningful.
- Chairman of the Board, Police Credit Union
I found the Robert Half executive search approach very accurate, thorough and consistent. The team kept me fully informed at every stage of the process, I found them extremely helpful, courteous and professional.
- Gary, Director of UK Operations
It was very easy to work with Charlie and the team. All meetings were set up with ease and followed up quickly to address any questions or concerns I had. I found them both to be highly professional and personable.
- Kate, Communications & External Affairs Director
The staff at Robert Half executive search took an interest in me, ensuring that I was right for the role. They were open to questions and happy to offer advice when asked.
- David, Chief Financial Officer
I felt Robert Half executive search was a trusted recruitment partner and really understand the client’s requirements. They are very easy to work with, just the right level of formality and discretion.
- Robert, IT Director
I found both Charlie and the team extremely engaging and flexible. The entire process went very smoothly from my perspective. I would gladly recommend and work with them in the future.
- David, IT Audit Director
The Robert Half executive search approach and process was very straightforward with clear communications for prospective candidates.
- Adam, Group Financial Controller
Very easy to work with RHES – While it was a challenging search, I think we came away with a very good result. The insight into specific candidates was also very helpful in terms of understanding their capabilities, both technical and from a soft skill perspective.
- VP Corporate Audit, LKQ Corporation / Euro Car Parts
Considering the uniqueness of our role, Charlie and Jonathan quickly grasped what we were looking for and understood our requirements.
– Enita Andrews, Diocese of Bath & Wells
Executive search frequently asked questions
If you have queries about how executive search works in practice, please reach out for a more detailed conversation about how we can support your leadership talent search.
Executive search is a specialised form of recruitment. Our senior consultants possess long-standing experience and specialised expertise in filling business-critical leadership positions e.g. CEO, MD, COO, NED, Supervisory and Advisory Board. After extensive consultation and preparation of a tailor-made search profile, our experts identify and attract your ideally suited candidates by approaching them directly.
An executive search firm is a recruitment company that specialises in sourcing high quality candidates for executive roles. They differ from contingency recruitment in both their approach to candidate sourcing and how closely they work with the client.
Because they are ‘retained’, executive search firms work exclusively with the client, taking the time to assess existing talent within the business and to understand the company culture and facets of the role.
Retained search firms typically use very sophisticated vetting techniques and class a successful placement on the longevity of the employee within a role and how large a contribution that employee makes to the company as a whole.
At Robert Half you have your choice of talent solutions from full-time, temp/contract, leadership, remote & everything in between, to fill all your professional roles faster.
Robert Half has been valued and respected in the industry for decades. Our executive search consultants benefit from this reputation whenever they contact potential candidates. It goes without saying that we’re very discrete when we approach people directly. The recruitment of a large majority of qualified leaders, such as C-level executives, can be ascribed to the passive applicant market. In many cases a discussion about changing jobs only arises when we get in touch with them.
Our senior consultants have many years’ experience in searching for company leaders. We’ve actually filled more than 2,500 key positions for our clients via executive search. Our team is just as successful at recognising leadership talent for senior management positions as they are for CEO searches. Find out more about our executive search team
When you retain an executive search firm, you are entering into a business relationship. The firm you select is an extension of your image and reputation. The retained executive search firm’s representatives become your eyes and ears in the marketplace, and the first point of contact in acquiring the ideal executive for your firm. At Robert Half we safeguard your good name, protect your confidentiality and work diligently to honour our commitments every step of the way .
If you’re assessing all your options, here are 8 reasons that a retained executive search firm may be worth the investment.
Our executive team can assist you with search recruitment of leaders anywhere in the world. Here are some of our locations in the UK:
- Milton Keynes
- And more…
We’re just as well positioned with our worldwide locations. Here are a few of the places where you’ll find our executive search teams:
- United States
- Hong Kong
Altogether around 50 highly qualified, experienced project teams are engaged in working for our clients all over the world.
- Supervisory and Executive Board: supervisory boards, boards of directors, business management, managing directors, C- level executives such as CEO, COO, CTO, CIO, CFO, CHRO, CPO.
- Vice president and director positions in various fields, such as sales, finance, purchasing, IT, operations, global HR
- Other leadership positions, for example: Head of Key Account Management, Head of Marketing, Head of Service Management, Project Manager
- Specialist positions such as Shared Services Director, Platform Manager, Product Manager, Risk Manager.
More from Robert Half
In a recent panel event, experienced and distinguished business leaders discussed the past 18 months, how pandemic adjustments have affected the way they...