Management accountants are responsible for providing the financial information that commercial business decisions are built on. As well as helping the financial reporting manager shape the future of the company through financial insights, they also identify new ways the company can reduce operational costs and lend ad-hoc project support to the financial controller.
Management accountant job description and responsibilities
Management accountant responsibilities blend accounting and business management. They focus on the development of financial policies and the maintenance of management information systems. Management accountant duties include:
- Supporting the financial controller on ad hoc projects
- Providing audit project support
- Budget and forecasting month-end close
- Providing advice on strategic planning
- Budgets and reports
- Financial analysis
- Creating internal and external financial statements and forecasts
Management accountant qualifications, skills and experience
Employers are looking for qualified Chartered Accountants or candidates with an equivalent qualification. They should have experience working in an accounts preparation environment and be familiar with accounts production software and reporting packages. Other management accountant skills include:
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt
- Problem-solving skills
- Skills in analytical thinking
Are you looking for a management accountant job? View our latest Management Accountant jobs here.
Are you looking for support in your management accountant recruitment? Get in touch with the Robert Half team today.