Company growth is difficult to achieve without productive, engaged, top performing employees. An HR Manager job role focuses on the acquisition, safety and development of these employees, as well as managing HR department functions. It is a role which blends empathy, communication and interpersonal abilities with strategy, analysis and compliance.
HR manager job description and responsibilities
On a day-to-day basis, an HR manager will oversee employee salaries, job benefits, rewards, health and safety, training and development. When occasion calls, they source, screen, hire and onboard new employees and ensure that all teams have the qualified professionals needed to perform their functions properly.
Daily HR manager duties include:
- Managing, coordinating and supporting all staff at the company
- Determining salaries and building remuneration packages
- Providing support systems for payroll Supporting staff training and development
- Sourcing top talent
- Managing staff retention
- Assisting with performance management and reviews
Because they are focussed on retaining and attracting the very best talent, HR professionals should have an excellent knowledge of current remuneration trends for each department.
They should be able to compile a remuneration package which is manageable for the business but attractive for candidates. Professionals should aim to keep on top of hiring trends and use them to adapt the business’ hiring strategy to remain competitive.
HR manager job qualifications, skills and experience
A basic human resource manager qualification would include a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Management. It’s also highly desirable for professionals to have plenty of experience in the HR field.
A HR Manager CV should ideally contain some of the following qualifications and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of industry hiring trends
- Good interpersonal skills
- Business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration skills
- Good decision-making abilities
- Excellent capacity for analytics and critical thinking
Are you looking for an HR manager job? You can find our latest vacancies here.