What is AWS re/Start?
The AWS re/Start programme is part of Amazon’s efforts to help 29 million people globally grow their cloud computing skills for free by 2025.
1. 2019 Global Knowledge IT Skills and Salary Report
Robert Half's involvement
- Robert Half is working with AWS across the UK to offer AWS re/Start graduates career readiness guidance and support to launch entry-level cloud careers.
- Our aim is not only to utilise our network of clients to find these individuals employment, but also to support the AWS re/Start programme itself. When a graduate is placed into a permanent or interim role with a Robert Half client, 25% of our fee will be passed back to the collaborating training organisations to help fund the programme. We are excited to support this programme across the UK and believe it will directly benefit our clients by providing a wider pool of diverse talent.
Access to our e-learning facility with a wide range of training courses, covering technical IT skills to general business and well-being topics.
Career readiness preparation:
Webinars focused on navigating job searches will be provided, along with Q&A sessions with potential employers. Aiding development and exposure to 'real life' scenarios.
Our dedication to DEI:
Robert Half is widely recognised as a top employer and business services leader for sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion, and listed as one of FORTUNE’s Most Admired Companies (2021).
Skills on offer to your business
Find out more about Robert Half's technology talent pool and how we can find you the best match for your company.
Hear more about AWS re/Start
AWS re/Start is a great way of helping to increase diversity and inclusion within the industry, and it' s a chance to get good, enthusiastic engineers into our workforce. And it' s also a great way to give opportunities to people who wouldn 't ordinarily come into the industry."
- Hiren Joshi, Principal Consultant at Infinity Works
Anybody can learn the cloud to a certain degree. What you need to take that further is an engineering skill that is developed over time. That is something that can be developed if you have the right aptitude, the right enthusiasm, and the right motivation, and that is something we get from AWS re/Start graduates."
- Michael Fordham, Cloud Consultant at BJSS
The scarcity of highly experienced cloud talent is a major concern for our AWS Partners and customers, and hiring the necessary talent continues to pose a real challenge to the industry. Through our cloud training and education programs, we are preparing diverse learners for in-demand, entry-level cloud roles around the world. With AWS re/Start, we are re-inventing how early cloud career talent is cultivated, trained, and retained, and building a pipeline for the future."
- Kevin Kelly, Director of Cloud Career Training Programs, AWS