See how the FTSE CEOs got to where they are today and how the route to the top job in FTSE 100 companies has changed.
How has the career paths changed to becoming one of Britain’s top bosses? Does age or gender boost your chances? Is having a financial background still the key to success?
The FTSE 100 CEO slideshare highlights the key findings from the annual Robert Half FTSE 100 CEO Tracker including the career paths, educational background, gender, age and nationality of the FTSE 100 CEOs.
Key findings include:
- In the last four years, the number of CEOs with a background in technology has seen a significant increase.
- The majority of CEOs continue to have a background in finance
- The typical age of a CEO is 55 years old and the average tenure is five years and two months
View the slideshare below, or read the full FTSE 100 CEO tracker press release here.
FTSE 100 CEO slideshare
About the FTSE CEO research
If you'd like to learn more about FTSE CEOs, you may also be interested in these recent blog articles from Robert Half.
- How to become a CEO
- 5 unexpected lessons on leadership from FTSE 100 CEOs
- How to get headhunted by an executive search consultant