Location : Banbury
Post Date : 16 February 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 467118
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working in partnership with Brady UK to recruit a Financial Accountant, UK and Emerging Markets to join their UK Head Office based in Banbury.
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady's products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2016, employed approximately 6,400 people in its worldwide businesses. Brady's fiscal 2016 sales were approximately $1.12 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC
Reporting directly into the UK Finance Manager, this position will be responsible for all statutory and financial accounting production for 4 entities across the Brady Group (UK, Turkey, UAE and South Africa).
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that processes for statutory and financial accounts are well managed within strict accounting timetable (in accordance with local and relevant accounting standards)
- Ensure continued compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, as well as working closely with both internal and external audit teams
- Manage monthly control processes including VAT, intercompany accounting, account reconciliations, and cost centre reporting
- Ad-hoc support across local business units, assisting with various projects as they arise
- Due diligence support for occasional acquisitions
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and the wider business (including senior stakeholders) to improve management reporting and other processes/procedures
This is a rare chance for someone who is keen to progress and develop their financial accounting skills within an international business. This could be an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to move into a commercial business after training with a reputable accountancy firm, or alternatively you might have trained within industry and looking for career development/new challenge.
Applicants must be fully qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and have strong experience in statutory and financial accounting procedures. Knowledge of US GAAP and local GAAP is required, along with a thorough understanding of VAT and tax regulations.
SALARY & BENEFITS
£45-50,000 plus excellent large company benefits including discretionary annual bonus, pension contribution, Life assurance and critical illness cover
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon