Location : Bath
Post Date : 18 July 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 477707
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting for a Finance Controller to join Aciem (construction & water engineering specialist business) based in Midsumer Norton.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are delighted to be working with ACIEM Group, based in Midsomer Norton to recruit a highly capable, progressive, strategically minded Financial Controller to lead the finance function through a period of growth, while managing a small team of transactional finance professionals.
Aciem Group is a multi-disciplined service provider that deliver innovative, sustainable and cost-effective solutions to a wide range of complex engineering projects. Aciem are well regarded within their field and have been recognised by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and CEEQUAL for the quality of their work.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this lead finance role is a pivotal role for the development of the business. This is an exciting time to join the business after a successful MBO in 2016 and the business is expecting strong growth in 2017/18. The successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring the delivery of accurate and timely financial information to help shape business strategy alongside the development and management of a small finance team.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts - including full financial commentary, variance analysis and trends and KPI's for the business
- Assistance with forward forecasts of overhead expenditure by framework
- Provide segmental analysis by framework of profit and cash generation
- Participate and provide challenge when appropriate on review of contract performance with emphasis on scope of work/risk and financial impact
- Ensure all cost and revenues are accurately recorded on time against individual contract accounts and all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled monthly
- Management of working capital and cash forecasting processes. Take an active part in ensuring cash forecasting accuracy and cash targets are achieved. Responsibility of developing ERP system to automate operating cash forecasting, based on scheduled payments/receipts
- Finance lead for further development of newly implemented ERP system to enhance ROI and remove wasteful processes
- Assist with the preparation of investment cases, bids and pricing of contract change, provide commercial finance support as required
- Supervise, develop and mentor junior finance team
- Compliance with regulatory reporting including various trade bodies and associations and payment schedules are maintained VAT/CIS/NIC/PAYE etc
- Collaborate with auditors and the external payroll bureau to ensure proper compliance with all statutory regulations
- Responsible for financial presentations and reports to external stakeholders, bank, investors etc
Skills and Qualifications
- A qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW)
- Proven experience as Financial Controller with experience of working at this level within the Construction Industry
- 5+ years of combined accounting and finance experience
- Microsoft Dynamics experience would be advantageous
- Essential to have construction industry experience including different forms of construction contracts
Salary & Benefits
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Controller to join Aciem (construction & water engineering specialist business) based in Midsumer Norton. Paying from £50,000 - £60,000 + benefits.
Robert Half will be overseeing the recruitment process for this role. All 3rd party applicants will be forward to Christopher Muir (Robert Half) with the agreement of exclusivity.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead