Chief Executive Officer
Post Date : 23 May 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : ES000137
Line of Business : Executive Search
Police Credit Union Limited is a 'not-for-profit', financial services operation dedicated to helping those who 'serve and protect' (eg, police, prison officers and armed services). Its principal activity is the provision of savings and lending facilities for the benefit of its 25000+ members.
Headquartered in Birmingham, with several branches throughout England and Wales, it is one of the UK's leading credit unions, and has some exciting growth plans.
Credit Unions are owned by the people who use their services, and not external shareholders or investors, and so the emphasis is on providing the best, efficient service to the members. Typically the Board of Directors are volunteer members. Detailed background information regarding the Police Credit Union Limited is available at www.policecu.co.uk
The Role - Chief Executive Officer - based Birmingham with national responsibilities.
The Chief Executive Officer will work closely with the Board of Directors, directly translating strategy into operational delivery. The CEO is responsible for the direct day to day management of the Police Credit Union, leading the senior management team and a loyal staff. In summary, the role will provide the CEO with a variety of important internal and external challenges, including;
- Keeping up to date with the latest ideas and best practice initiatives of the World Council of Credit Unions,
- Developing the marketing function to raise the profile of the Police Credit Union to attract new members,
- Leading the delivery of the full potential of a new IT system,
- Reviewing structures, operational processes and job functions to ensure first class cost-control, excellent service and the best utilisation of resources,
- Provide mentoring, direction and inspiration to the staff (36 in total),
- Contributing to and delivering the 1 - 5 year business plan,
- Ensuring the Police Credit Union is run to the satisfaction of the Board, its members, and is compliant with regulations.
- (A detailed job description has been prepared.)
- The Police Credit Union acknowledge that they seek an impressive, dynamic individual for this most responsible leadership role.
- You must have an enthusiasm for the ethos of the Credit Union sector and a passion for organisational continuous improvement.
- You will offer at least 5 years senior management experience gained in either a large not-for profit organisation or in the financial services sector.
- Ideally you will be of graduate calibre intellect, with a broad business knowledge that includes marketing, financial, banking, IT, as well as business change management and improvement.
- The ability to organise, observe, communicate clearly, inspire, evaluate, constructively challenge, handle different priorities, and lead change are pre-requisite.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive base salary plus executive level benefits
Any direct / third party applications to the Police Credit Union will be forwarded to Robert Half Executive Search.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
B4 6AT Birmingham