Head of Corporate Accounting
Location : Birmingham
Post Date : 07 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06000-0010063125
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are exclusively partnering with the University of Birmingham to identify an exceptional individual to join as the Head of Corporate Accounting.
The successful applicant will be the leader of a team providing financial information at University and consolidated group levels to both internal and external stakeholders and needs to be able to operate at both a strategic and a detailed technical level. This post is key to delivering the financial sustainability of the University and the preparation of the reporting, processes and systems to support the new integrated Finance and HR systems. As part of the Financial Services Management team the post holder contributes to a change programme delivered through influence; relationships and management.
Responsibilities will include
- To provide regular strategic management information to University Committees; the subsidiary companies and external parties in accordance with deadlines.
- To act as the financial lead for the University subsidiary companies
- To lead on the development of tax and treasury strategies for the University and then implement them
- To deliver the Full Economic Costing (fEC), Transparent Approach to Costing (TRAC), costing and pricing information and annual returns.
- Work with the Deputy Director of Finance and the rest of the Financial Services Management Team to deliver streamlined reporting of financial and transactional activity.
- To develop the Capital Planning and Monitoring System within the University
- A qualified accountant with membership of a relevant body.
- Experience of working at management level in a financial environment for a large complex organisation
- Thorough understanding of UK GAAP
- Experience of developing financial systems and processes, preferably alongside a change of IT systems
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with an ability to explain different concepts to non-specialists
- Strong leader of people with ability to challenge and develop team members
- Ability to work in the detail as well as to think and act strategically
- Driven by a changing environment and able to work collaboratively to deliver change
- Demonstrable ability to translate external and/or technical requirements into practical solutions
- Strong builder of relationship and networks
Salary & Benefits
A competitive remuneration package is offered plus exceptional benefits. Please contact Laura Key on 0121 616 4600 to discuss in more detail.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
B4 6AT Birmingham