Location : Bristol
Post Date : 04 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06010-0010063733
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Project Accountant to join Merlin, a leading Housing Society based in the South West of England. (Based in Chipping Sodbury, South Gloucestershire) To demonstrate the importance of this new role Merlin will offer an attractive basic salary plus benefits and bonus.
Merlin Housing is a 'customer first' sort of business and one of the largest landlords in the South West, the goal is to be a world class organisation, providing homes in communities people aspire to live in to all 16,000 customers across 9,000 homes in the South West. Operating across the South Gloucestershire and Greater Bristol area. Merlin are a growing organisation with growing ambition and are in a strong financial position to deliver on their vision of being world class by 2020 and are looking for a candidate committed to making this ambition a reality!
A new role for the business with a lot of responsibility, this role will be part of the Income Accounting team within Finance to help develop, shape and achieve core team objectives. You will support and assist the Finance Manager in delivering key projects that improve areas of Merlin's financial activities relating to income, including payment methods and service charges as well as process review and documentation.
- To play a lead role in planning, managing and implementing projects within finance, ensuring delivery within agreed timescales and budgets.
- To undertake a review of the processes within the Income Accounting team, make recommendations to the Income Accounting Manager for efficiencies and improvements and implement the changes agreed.
- Prepare budgets as required for the implementation of projects by preparing schedules, collating data and drawing budgets together, liaising with relevant Senior Managers and budget holders as necessary.
- To ensure that policies and procedures are produced or amended as a result of projects which may include implementation of new business areas or processes
- To ensure policies, procedures and processes arising from projects are embedded within the relevant teams and seen as "business as usual".
- To meet regularly with project teams to ensure that progress is made in line with project plans and budget, ensure all relevant stakeholders are kept informed and raise any issues as necessary.
- Accounting experience and knowledge
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects
- A track record of delivering an effective and customer-focused service to customers
- A track record of identifying and implementing service improvements.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be up to 30k dependent upon experience. The role also includes attractive remuneration package
For more Information please contact Louis Cordice or Oliver Price at Robert Half on 01179 935400
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead