Location : Cheltenham
Post Date : 27 April 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Job Order Number : 472488
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Financial Controller - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are exclusively recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join Ultra Electronics in Cheltenham.
Ultra Electronics, Precision Control Systems is a provider of high integrity control products for aerospace, military vehicle and soldier applications. Precision Control Systems is part of the Ultra Electronics group. Our capabilities span the complete product life-cycle; design, development, production and support. We have over 50 years of experience in the industry and include most of the world's aircraft manufacturers, hundreds of airlines, and many of the world's largest defence contractors in our list of customers. We are located across six sites, four in the UK: Cheltenham, Greenford, Cambridge, and Preston, and two in the US: Manhattan, KS and Columbia City, IN.
The role requires effective management of the Finance Team based at the Cheltenham, ensuring effective and complaint delivery of financial transaction processing. Preparation of local monthly management accounts, forecasts, budgets, cash control, costing systems, and control of revenue expenditure in support of the PCS requirements for reporting to Group. Support and deputise for the Finance Director as and when required.
- Has responsibility for the management of all day-to-day financial accounting operations of company.
- Management of the finance department staff and cost centre budgets.
- Ensures the integrity and organisation of the framework (systems, processes and people) operates such that all the financial reporting requirements for the company are delivered effectively
- Ensure that relevant and timely financial information is made available to the company in a format that meets the expectations/requirements of internal and external customers.
- Support the Finance Director in the preparation, presentation and delivery of annual budget.
- Support the Finance Director in the preparation of annual 5-year strategic plan with management team
- Manage the working capital and cash flow to meet or exceed the budget targets. Prepare cash forecasts and ensure that these are achieved through the control of the collection of debts and payments to suppliers.
- Motivate, communicate with, develop and performance manage staff to ensure they achieve best performance.
- Manage and maintain internal control mechanisms and ensure that they are operated correctly and in accordance with Group Policy
- Manage internal and external audits with Group Advisors and HMRC
- Ensure all policies, procedures and work instructions are maintained and appropriately documented.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures to ensure accreditation requirements are consistently met
- Continuously challenge the way we work and actively identify areas of where change can improve the performance within Finance and in the way this department serves others in the company.
- Make the identified changes as quickly as practical. Participate in, and support, company wide change initiatives.
- There may be additional activities to perform from time to time in order to maximise the contribution to Ultra Electronics PCS goals and objectives
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Ability to manage and motivate direct reports
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of long term contract accounting and reporting (desirable)
- Will proactively challenge the assumptions inherent in financial data presented in order to make an appropriate judgement as to its validity.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain processes and procedures and appropriate internal control
- Strong accounting skills with full understanding of IAS and other technical matters as they may impact the business
- Experience of working directly with External auditors, customers, suppliers and Government bodies (eg HMRC)
The Financial Controller will be offered a Competitive Salary up to £70k + company benefits
If you're looking for a new challenging assignment then please get in contact with Dan Williams or Ryan Haskins on 0117 993 5400 and send your latest CV directly
All 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Robert Half as part of the exclusivity agreement
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Bristol