Group Financial Controller
Post Date : 14 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06490-0009994143
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is working in an exclusive partnership with Whitehall Garden Centre to recruit a Group Financial Controller to join their office based near Chippenham on a permanent basis.
Robert Half is working in an exclusive partnership with Whitehall Garden Centre to recruit a Group Financial Controller to join their office based near Chippenham on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established local business during a continuing period of organic growth.
Over 123 years ago, the Self Family came to Whitehall Farm. In 1970 Mrs Self, started what is now known as Whitehall Garden Centres. Whitehall Garden Centres is a 4th generation Family business.
What began as a simple passion for the outdoors and a desire to help the community of Lacock, has grown into Whitehall as we know it today, the top destination Garden Centres in the South West.
The business now has 3 Garden Centres within the Group across locations in the West with exciting growth plans over the next 10 years.
A solid Group Financial Controller is required to develop and implement financial and operational strategies which support continuing profitable growth and business expansion in line with short and long term plans
- Establish and regularly review the company's financial reporting systems to monitor financial performance, leading the introduction of new systems and/or processes as appropriate (eg EPOS).
- Construct annual budgets/targets for each department against which to compare actual results on a monthly/quarterly and annual basis with the support of the directors.
- Provide regular and relevant management information to board against budget and forecast and make recommendations to improve business effectiveness, profitability and address shortfalls.
- Maximise company working capital and stock to maximise profitability.
- Produce year end accounts file to trial balance and liaise with Company Auditors to ensure production of accurate and cost effective year end accounts.
- Provide ongoing input into the direction of business growth, creating detailed analysis of any capital expenditure, investment or strategic contracting.
- Establish clear control mechanisms for purchase and sales ledgers and review all data processing and operational systems within Finance to improve efficiencies.
- Create, develop and implement operational plans for IT strategies (infrastructure, hardware/software, phones etc)
- Ensure business and operational compliance with regulatory standards and procedures
- Contribute proactively to the development of operational processes and procedures working closely with Departmental Senior Managers and provide regular coaching in financial and commercial awareness.
- Recruit, lead and motivate the finance and IT functions to deliver high quality and timely support to the business and its goals.
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to timescale, supporting the ongoing development of technological efficiencies
- Qualified Accountant CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Retail Industry experience including EPOS knowledge, Stock, Purchase Ledger and Cash Management
- Excellent Excel & SQL Server skills
- Knowledge of SAGE 200
££ Competitive Salary
28 days holiday
Staff Store discount
Free onsite parking
Flexible Working Hours
For further information please call Anneka Wilkins on 07891809218 or email me at .
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO ROBERT HALF
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon