Part-Qualified Management Accountant
Location : Chipping Norton
Post Date : 22 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06490-0009992235
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is working in exclusive partnership with The Great Tew Estate to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant to join their growing team in the heart of the Oxfordshire countryside, just outside of Chipping Norton. With additional businesses joining the portfolio on a monthly basis and an opportunity to secure a seat in the newly refurbished and purpose built office, this is a role and business that really stand out.
The position offers a salary of up to £35,000 per annum plus study support.
WHO ARE THE GREAT TEW ESTATE PARTNERSHIP?
Located a little over an hour from London, the Great Tew Estate encapsulates much of what might be considered the archetypal English Country Estate. Spring lambs playing in rolling grassland, oak woods with a carpet of bluebells, chocolate box thatch cottages... the Great Tew Estate is all this and much more.
Whilst the village is often described as one of the prettiest villages in England, Great Tew remains cloaked in its long history, from its Roman origins, through the romance of the Civil War to its ownership by one of the pre-eminent industrial revolution families. However, today the Estate represents a modern image of a diverse rural business with a contemporary approach and an exciting strategic plan for the future.
The Estate has been managed by the Johnston Family since the 1960's and is centred around the village of Great Tew and Tew Park. The Estate enterprises which include the in-hand farming operation, ironstone quarry and property rental portfolio are run via a family partnership which oversees their day to day management.
- Preparation of monthly accounts for multiple sites
- Management of the Fixed Asset register
- Completion of VAT Returns
- Take ownership of a c£4m turnover combined portfolio
- Project based accounting including end to end management of new construction builds
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for board and senior management
- Business partnering with individual sites to ensure continued growth through tangible Management Information
- P&L, balance sheet and cash-flow forecasting
- Bring a 'hands-on' approach and be willing to support more transactional areas of accounts as and when required
SOUNDS GREAT, DO I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
If you're looking for a role that will utilise your existing skillset and develop further whilst you look to qualify in your accounting qualification then this could be it.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- Knowledge or experience of Management Accounting, VAT Returns, Online Banking Systems
- Strong Excel skills, Pivot Tables, V-Lookups and use of Macros
- Self-motivated and energetic, with the ability to remain focused on results and diligent in a fast-paced environment
- Very well organised, detail-oriented and ability to manage a changing workload
- Familiarity with Sage 50 and/or Key Prime would be an advantage
- Actively studying towards a formal accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- The desire to progress and build a career within a like-minded business
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon