Location : Coalville
Post Date : 22 March 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 468950
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is currently working in partnership with Innotech Digital & Display Ltd to recruit their first Financial Controller. Based in Coalville, Leicestershire this family-owned organisation is looking to bring its accounts in-house and is therefore looking to bring in a Financial Controller to work for the company on a full-time basis.
The role will see the right person take control of a finance team of 4 people. The FC will report into the Managing Director and will have full responsibility for the Financial Controls of two organisations with a combined turnover of circa £15m.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for the entire financial and accounting function of the business.
- Responsibility for the sales and purchase ledgers including monthly reconciliation with the bank.
- Provide monthly management accounts in a timely manner as soon as practicably possible after month end.
- Provide a comprehensive cash-flow report and forecast.
- Provide proactive financial leadership to all budget holders.
- Ensure watertight financial systems within the company.
- Provide P&L and budgetary forecasts.
- Lead the compilation of budgets, financial analyses and other financial and management information.
- Implementing departmental budgets and driving accountability and on target performance.
- Closely monitor debtor days, creditor days and stock turn with a view to improvement in liquidity and working capital.
- Drive overhead analysis and implement an ongoing cost reduction program.
- Prepare, and make fit for purpose monthly financial reports and forecasts to the Senior Management Team.
- Lead and manage the day to day relationships with external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory financial requirements.
- Provide proactive support in the implementation of greater efficiencies in the accounts department, including enhanced reporting, more effective debt chasing methods and the embracing of new technology to achieve these goals
- The right person for this role will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), or will be Qualified by Experience. They will have shown progression throughout their career and will have worked in small organisation in a broad finance role.
- Some of the key traits the person will bring to the role are:
- Full management accounts preparation experience.
- Experience of implementing and delivering a Finance vision whilst ensuring maximum stakeholder engagement.
- A very good knowledge of Sage Line 50, including familiarity with Sage reporting, and a proven track record of achievement in a relevant position.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels
- Be able to influence and communicate
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong organisational skills
- Be flexible and possess an adaptable approach to work demands across the whole organisation
Innotech Digital & Display is a unique creation to fulfil the demands of the Large Format Printing trade and the Visual Communications sector. With their roots firmly established in the print and paper industries since 1932, Innotech continues to build successfully on over eight decades of knowledge and experience, having the ability to evolve proactively in this rapidly developing sector. They are a completely independent, innovative and progressive business driven by a passionate customer focused ethos. They have an exciting future ahead, and are looking to double in size in the next year and are we looking for creative, dedicated and committed professionals to join us on their journey
The business is looking for the right person for this role and is therefore looking to pay a competitive package in the region of £45,000- £50,000
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Barnsdale Way, Grove Park, Enderby,
LE19 1SN Leicester