Location : Leeds
Post Date : 30 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06010-0010048989
Line of Business : IT
An hands on IT manager is required for a leading performing arts organisation based in Leeds, The West Yorkshire Playhouse is a creative hub for the city and beyond, a place where people and communities come to tell and share stories; to experience world class theatre that is pioneering, invigorating and relevant.
The mission is to create world class, relevant and compelling theatre and to transform people's lives by the power and vitality of work.
As the IT manager the role is to take ownership of the IT platforms and systems, covering internal networks, servers, email and network security systems, desktop applications and including all hardware and software.
The role as IT Manager is to scope business needs, keeping up-to-date with and researching developments in IT, software, hardware and new media and making recommendations for future system developments.
- To plan, initiate and implement additions, modifications, upgrades and improvements to the network, systems and software
- To setup, install and configure new systems when required
- Administration of all servers ensuring there are adequate back-up, archiving and disaster recovery procedures in operation
- To ensure that servers, computers and other assets are maintained and secure
- To maintain an inventory of assets and equipment
- Firewall administration and internal network security
- To develop and control IT security policy and maintain anti-spam and anti-virus systems
- Operational support for internal computer and telephone systems
- To configure and setup new users, desktops and telephone extensions as required
- Provide new IT User induction
- To provide support to internal and visiting customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems in a timely manner and with any technical IT matters which arise
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Responsible for IT hardware, software and maintenance procurement seeking best value for money in all purchasing decisions
- To develop and implement IT security and policies
- Responsible for planning and administering the IT budget including any fixed assets
- Provide technical input and support to the website and its development
Core Software and Hardware:
- The ability to manage, maintain and develop internal network infrastructure, internet connectivity, firewall, network switching and supporting software and services
- The ability and manage and maintain VMware virtualised servers, VMware and vSphere 5.1
- The ability to support, maintain and administer a Windows Server 2012 server environment
- The ability to manage Active Directory and Group Policy
- The ability to setup and manage VLAN, DHCP, DNS and IP Configuration
- Understanding of SAN storage and storage configurations
- The ability to support Windows 7 and 10 Desktop
- The ability to support Office 2013 applications, Office 365 Email and collaboration services
- The ability to manage and maintain Exchange Online (Office 365)
- The ability to manage and maintain Azure Active Directory (Office 365)
- The ability to support and maintain in house telecoms PBX (Avaya IP Office or equivalent), setup of extensions, call routes, ISDN30, SIP Trunking and DDI mappings etc.
- Provision of daily IT Support to for up to 100+ users
- Liaising and negotiating with vendors and 3rd party service providers to ensure the organisation is receiving value-for-money at all times
- Good understanding of data protection requirements and good practice, and of the General Data Protection Regulations
- Development and implementation of polices and best practice This is a great opportunity to work for a leading performing arts organisation.
For more information please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
In return you will be offered ownership and control of the IT platforms, and offered a salary of £30,000 - £35,000.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead