Post Date : 19 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 474172
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half International is working in partnership with Oxford Bus Company to recruit a Financial Controller, based in Oxford.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oxford Bus Company is an award winning business at the forefront of its industry, and one of the largest employers in Oxfordshire.
The company is passionate about delivering an ever-improving experience to its customers, and in the last year this has led to innovations such as mobile app ticketing, QR code ticket scanning, a new travel shop, and an all-new Park & Ride fleet with social seating and USB & inductive device charging.
In the last few weeks, the company has launched the largest "model 2" contactless payment ticketing scheme outside of London, as the result of an innovative partnership with the payments industry and a Fintech start up company.
With significant housing and economic growth forecast for Oxfordshire in the coming years, and the imminent opening of the new Westgate shopping centre, this is a great time to be joining a company that plays a central role in keeping our economy moving in the right direction.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
There is currently a vacancy for a Financial Controller to join the team at our head office in Cowley, Oxford. Reporting to the Finance & Commercial Director, the successful candidate will manage a team of 5 staff and will sit on the Senior Management Team of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Represent finance on the Senior Management Team, providing timely and accurate insight into business performance and supporting decision-making with solid financial analysis.
- Ensure managers are fully accountable for their financial KPIs, and can understand and act upon deviations from target.
- Support key business change projects from a finance perspective, ensuring that appropriate financial rigour is applied.
- Provide financial input into the strategic plan, including annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts. Pro-actively identify areas where potential cost savings or efficiencies could be made and help the business to deliver these.
- Control the balance sheet of the business and identify opportunities to improve cash generation.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of financial reporting for the business, including monthly management accounts, group reporting and statutory accounts. Liaise with external stakeholders such as customers, local authorities and the Department for Transport.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the finance team, ensuring the business operates with an appropriate level of financial control in all areas, and that processes are made as simple and efficient as possible. Ensure the team are motivated, and that training needs are identified and addressed.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and have post-qualification experienced preferably gained within a commercial environment.
Previous experience in implementing and improving financial controls, along with strong systems skills (to include excellent Excel skills) are also required. Experience of Oracle Financials would be advantageous but not essential. You will ideally have managed/lead a team, having the capability to drive a high-performing finance function.
You will be a strong communicator with the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels. A positive, self-motivated and driven character with a clear desire to succeed!
SALARY & BENEFITS
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus an excellent benefits package to include up to 10% bonus, 25 days holiday, pension contribution and free bus travel!
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO ROBERT HALF
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon