Commercial Finance Manager
Post Date : 25 January 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 465634
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Digital Barriers are looking to hire a Commercial Finance Manager to join their Milton Park, Didcot office on a permanent basis, offering a competitive salary and excellent career prospects.
Digital Barriers are world leaders in visually intelligent solutions for the global surveillance, security and safety markets, specialising in zero-latency streaming and analysis of secure video and related intelligence over wireless networks, including cellular, satellite, IP mesh and cloud.
Since Digital Barriers was established in 2009, the global security context has significantly evolved, particularly in response to the increasingly material threat to national and homeland security from international and domestic terrorism, organised attacks on high-profile computer systems and networks by both state and non-state actors, and asymmetric warfare including counter-insurgency operations overseas. Our solutions for covert, remote and wide-area installations, as well as vehicle and body-worn applications, require significantly less network bandwidth than standard technologies and have been sold into more than fifty countries, including some of the world's most hostile and demanding operational environments. We also provide advanced video content analysis and body scanning to identify threats to life, safety concerns and illicit activity in real-time. We work with those government security, law enforcement and defence agencies around the world responsible for addressing these evolving threats, as well as with multinational corporations and system integrators.
Between 2010 and 2013, we acquired fourteen businesses with compelling intellectual property (IP) and capabilities. We fully integrated these businesses into a single platform for the continual innovation of proprietary IP-rich solutions and a sales organisation covering key regions around the world
Reporting directly into the CFO, this position will be responsible for two key areas:
1.) Corporate Development (M&A activity):
- Project manage and support all M&A and corporate structure/finance activity as appropriate
- Ensure alignment of strategic initiatives, support with analysis and financial modelling
- Supporting the development of external profile and perspective
- Leading all post-acquisition, cross-functional integration activities
2.) Commercial Management (internal commercial/bid processes):
- Manage, control and update as required all relevant internal commercial process' and procedures, as well as all bid proposal documents, quotations and RFPs
- Sales and product pipeline forecasting
- Revenue recognition reporting
- Minimum 1 year post qualification (preferably ACA/ACCA from a reputable accountancy firm).
- Be highly commercially minded, have a 'can-do' attitude and have exceptional communication skills.
- Experience in managing numerous work streams at the same time and ensuring timeframes/deadlines are met.
- Prior experience in M&A work would be highly advantageous, although not essential.
- Willingness to travel overseas as and when required, and able to work autonomously.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon