Post Date : 06 November 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06490-0010157332
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half is working in exclusive partnership with AllMakes 4x4 to recruit a Financial Controller to join their team based in Milton Park, Abingdon on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a stable team with very low turnover of staff, solidified revenue streams and a collaborative environment.
WHO ARE ALLMAKES 4x4?
For over 30 years, Allmakes 4×4 has been supplying high quality Land Rover parts and accessories to parts businesses, workshops, Government Organisations, Charities and NGO's across the world.
The company was started in 1977 in a room no bigger than a Land Rover 90 in the Directors house in Oxford. Originally the company focused on supplying parts for Land Rovers, Trucks and Buses, even supplying parts at one stage to Routemaster. However it was the Export Business that really took off and within months, a larger office had been secured on Milton Trading Estate in Abingdon. This is the place where Allmakes 4×4 still resides to this day.
In 2008 they became the first company to offer full online ordering via the Allmakes 4×4 Trade Portal, facilitated by a change of management system and at considerable investment. Online sales now account for 40% of the total turnover.
Allmakes 4×4 have exhibited at a number of shows around the world over their 30 years of trading. The major one of these is Automecanika. The business are regulars at these shows so please look out for them if you are going.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES TO TAKE ON THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee change and developments to financial processes.
- Manage a team of 5 staff and providing support for the credit control function.
- Timely production of the monthly Management Accounts .
- Completion of all statutory reporting including the monthly VAT submission.
- Produce and present reports for the board.
- Build and maintain a strong commercial relationship with the funding bank.
- Maintain key relationships within sales and operations side of the business.
- Revenue and variance analysis including commercial due diligence.
- Budgets, forecasts and ad-hoc reports.
- Ensure integrity of all accounting entries.
- Oversee first checks of payroll process.
- Arrange and negotiate the company insurance & health cover.
- Cashflow monitoring and management.
What skills do I need?
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant
- People management, leadership and mentoring
- Experience within a mid-sized SME
- Experience of multi-currency including Euros, USD and GBP
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
The Stella Building,
SN5 6NX Whitehill Way, Swindon