£12.00 - £14.00 / hour
17th May 2019
Accounting and Finance
Interim Accounts Assistant
Aldershot, exciting temporary opportunity - £12 - £14 per hour
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are working exclusively with a media company to recruit a bright and dynamic temporary Accounts Assistant based near Aldershot.
Our client is an expanding media company who are looking to hire a new temporary Accounts Assistant to help with an increased workload due to an exceptional period of growth and an organisation restructure.
The assignment is likely to be for 3 months and the ideal candidate would need to be immediately available and have experience using Sage 50.
- Maintenance and input of the purchase ledger
- Enter all the authorised invoices and credit notes etc
- Set up monthly creditor payment runs
- Reconcile balances with suppliers
- Maintenance and input of the cashbooks
- Enter all receipts (exc sales), payments etc & complete bank reconciliation
- Reconcile weekly revenue with Adbooker (advertising application) and import invoicing in Sage
- Liaise with credit controller to ensure the sales ledger reconciles and all sales are accounted for
- Liaise with payroll department to ensure correct accounting for the payroll, pension and ensuring balance sheet accounts reconciled
- Reconcile the prepaid account
- Intercompany recharges and reconciliation of intercompany balances
- Accruals and prepayments
- Complete and submit VAT returns
- Maintain the fixed asset register and calculate depreciation etc
- Support the RFM and management as required
- Provide support to cover when other staff on leave
The successful candidate:
- Requires attention to detail, good mathematical skills, honesty, integrity, reliability, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Show a willingness to learn and have a 'Can Do' attitude.
- Show a proactive approach working in a changing environment. Be prepared to accept, implement and make recommendations for change.
- Possess good communication skills and have a willingness to work in a team environment and with management and operational staff.
- Have experience with Sage 50, Excel and have competent IT skills.
- Show a willingness to help and cover staff on leave.
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliation, payroll debtors, creditors.
- Experience of accounting on Sage 50 including purchase ledger, Sales ledger, cash book, journal entries, fixed assets.
Our client is an exciting media company with a modern office based near Aldershot. They have gone through a period of growth and are now looking to take on another person to assist the team with the increased workload. They are also undergoing an organisational structure so could be good opportunities. They have free on-site parking and a great culture.
Salary & Benefits
£12 - £14 per hour including on-site parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
2 Denmark Road,
gb 01483 409 750