Head of Finance
GBP60000 - 70000 / annum
May 10, 2018
Accounting and Finance
This is an excellent and varied opportunity for a highly motivated, commercially astute professional to join a market leading and growing game/toy business in the UK and Europe, with a £90m turnover. This is a Senior Leadership role within the business with excellent scope for continued onward progression. The variety and complexity of the role is ideally suited to an energetic self-starter who enjoys the challenges associated with growth and change combined with possessing the interpersonal skills required to lead, motivate and inspire. The role will also require the person to deputise for the CFO as necessary.
Established in 1976 as Esdevium Games, they have enjoyed significant growth and are now an established vibrant, fast paced distributor of games, collectables and toys. They work closely with many high street names and are the exclusive UK distributor of the Pokémon trading card game. Our many and varied product ranges include the Dobble, Ticket to Ride, Catan and Bananagrams.
Headquarters and Warehouses are based in Alton, Hampshire which provides excellent transport links and local facilities.
Reporting to the CFO, this challenging role supports the Board and Management Team in delivering the strategic initiatives and goals of the business.
This role will also provide dynamic leadership to the Finance Team to help unlock the next stage of growth for the business.
Key responsibilities are outlined below:
- Management and development of the UK Finance Team (10 employees).
- Timely preparation and production of Management and Statutory Accounts, reporting the performance of the Company to the Board and investors for 5 business units.
- Ensuring the integrity of financial records and improving accuracy of reporting.
- Maintain and review monthly general ledger with respect to financial transactions.
- Application of balance sheet controls including the review and control of multi-currency intercompany accounts.
- Group management reporting and commentary.
- Financial planning and analysis.
- Ensure tax and regulatory reporting compliance.
- Primary contact for Audit.
- Development and documentation of systems and internal controls commensurate with the needs of a growing business.
Skills - Essential
- ACA/ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Proven commercial business experience. Previous experience in practice is also of value.
- Financial acumen and strong reporting skills (IFRS/UKGAAP).
- Proven experience of being a motivational manager of a team who can deliver a positive team culture, good working ethos and drive through change.
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organisational skills.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo in a constructive and positive manner.
- Possess a curious mind, with a high level of problem solving.
- Be practical, hands on, and strive to be a completer/finisher.
- Must be approachable, reliable, flexible and lead by example.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Skills - Preferred
- Exposure to European/International markets.
- Evidence of adding value to a business and being key to business growth.
- A competitive salary (£60K to £70K)
- Pension (Company contribution of 8%)
- Discretionary Bonus (up to 10%)
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Bi-annual health screening
- 24 Days holiday
*** All third party applicants will be forwarded to Robert Half ***
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement