GBP45000 - 50000 / annum
Basingstoke & Deane
16th May 2019
The role: Reporting directly into the group head of commercial, responsible for the management of tenders (RFPs), RFIs, quotations and proposals from qualification through to contract and handover to the delivery team, including costing and pricing.
- Leading and managing tenders (RFPs), RFIs, proposals and quotations (collectively "Bids") through the Lead-To-Order process.
- Accountable for full compliance with customer requirements, overcoming potential issues with creative problem solving.
- Accountable for the completion of high quality and complete responses to customer solicitations.
- Highly effective management of Bid timelines through creation of project plans, tracking progress against milestones and status reporting for major Bids.
- Managing Bid approval process, chairing approval meetings and preparation of board papers.
- Accountable for the timely raising of any necessary bid bonds.
- Contributes to the maintenance of boiler-plate response library for use in Bids.
- Accountable for ensuring effective prioritisation of workload.
- Accountable for ensuring full compliance with all stages in the Lead-To-Order process.
- Contributing to process improvement and greater alignment with all functions.
- Developing Bid strategy by collaborating with Sales, management and subject matter experts.
- Leading and motivating a cross-functional team through the Bid phase and ensuring full cooperation and buy-in from all internal stakeholders and departments.
- Efficient and effective resource management and reporting, ensuring cross-departmental visibility of Bid and resource plans.
- Accountable for effective handover to the project / post-sales team.
- Always acting and behaving in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environmental Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- Ideally: preparation of customer contracts based on boilerplate agreements.
- Experience in bid and proposal preparation in response to formal tenders
- Experience in the construction and analysis of commercial business models
- Experience of identifying, quantifying and managing commercial risks
- Highly literate and numerate, with good understanding of English grammar and attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong organisation and communication skills in a regionally structured, cross-functional environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to work under pressure and tight timescales
- Results driven Desirable
- Experience managing international commercial and Government Bids
- Experience with international trade mechanisms such as bid bonds, letters of credit and Incoterms Expertise and experience in reviewing and drafting customer contracts
Based from the head office in Basingstoke. Paying £45,000-£50,000 plus benefits.
Please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400