Business Unit Financial Controller
GBP65000 - 70000 / annum
Basingstoke & Deane
1st May 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are exclusively partnering with a multi-national company based near Basingstoke to recruit a Business Unit Financial Controller. This role has come about owing to rapid growth, which has resulted in the need for this position to ensure processes and controls are fit for purpose and that the finance function continues to deliver on its targets to deliver budgets and forecasts accurately and on time.
The Business Unit Financial Controller will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all financial information within their Business Unit and ensuring that all information conforms to internal and external standards. This role will focus on designing, implementing and adopting operational best practice procedures and will continuously work to improve the finance function.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the financial controls across the Business Unit and maintain the integrity of information produced.
- Continuously work to improve processes and promote a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the external audit process.
- Act as a Business Partner to Business Unit budget holders, and to senior management when required to deliver accurate financial information.
- Building strong professional relationships across the business, and with several external partners and suppliers.
- Promote a team driven environment, and actively engage with other Business Unit Financial Controllers.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, equivalent)
- Able to demonstrate a history of process improvement.
- Previously worked within a large and complex organisation.
- Up to date knowledge of international accounting standards with solid understanding of core accounting skills.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A motivated self-starter, who can lead and motivate a team toward a common goal.
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
- 2x Annual Salary Life Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888