£350.00 - £400.00 / day
15th October 2019
An Interim Web Developer is required to join a busy and established UK business based near Basingstoke on a contract basis for a period of 6 months.
In this Interim Web Developer role, the main duties will include:
- Assisting the completion of a new white label website in Drupal
- Designs and develops web-based applications utilizing PHP and MySQL
- Follows established web development standards and guidelines set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Responsible for reverse engineering and maintaining application written in PHP, MS Access
- Responsible for maintaining applications running on Raspberry PI + PI Touch screen with a Debian OS
- Follows a disciplined Agile/Scrum software development process in task estimation, design, development, code reviews, unit/integration testing and defect fixing of products
- Participates in application design sessions and code reviews to ensure accuracy towards business requirements
- Documents new/modified code, and develops/automates unit and integration tests to verify the changes
- Analyzes existing software to debug and troubleshoot escalated issues that may arise
- Works with other developers, part of a global IT team to promote the reuse of code and designs in current projects
- Assists in the technical analysis of potential tools and commercial products
- Works with subject matter experts to develop solutions based on requirements
- Follow release management and source code management processes
- Resolves and assists with resolution of production issues within established SLAs
- Utilizes JIRA Agile Scrum methodology
Key skills required:
- Excellent Knowledge of PHP/MySQL, MS Access, Ajax, and XML
- Experience with Bitbucket or similar source control tools
- Hands-on experience with Raspberry PI and PI Touch screen
- Proven analytical abilities applied to system design and software implementation
- Experience utilizing JIRA Agile tools and working in an Agile environment.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Experience in any of the below would also be highly desirable:
- Git (Gitlab / Github)
The successful interim Web Developer will have significant web development experience in large business environments and will ideally have successfully completed multiple interim assignments.
Our client is a well-established sporting goods company with offices all around the world.
Salary & Benefits
This Interim Web Developer role will pay £350-400 per day depending on experience. Parking is available at the office.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888