£52,000.00 - £58,000.00 / annum
9th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Our clients are a global organisation, the newly created Tax & Reporting Accountant role is situated in their Basingstoke office. They recognise that as the global population grows, so too does the need to meet demands for safe, affordable food for all. Due to this since their start in 1954 our client shave been working to empower their customers - from Veterinarians to food producers to all those concerned with animal health-to address these global challenges, and advance a vision of food and companionship enriching life. They strive to develop and deliver products safe for consumers, animals and the environment through innovation and a shared vision to enrich life of people worldwide.
As the Tax & Reporting Accountant you will be:
- Acting in a newly created role where you will drive the highest standards of financial reporting and tax compliance. This includes the overseeing the relationships with the company's external financial advisers and auditors and also managing the day to day relationships with the UK tax authorities.
- Playing a key role in the delivery of, and ongoing compliance with, tax transfer pricing agreements, working closely with corporate tax.
- Working closely with corporate treasury, you will develop short and longer term cash flow forecasting and manage short and longer term funding requirements.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Responsible for all tax compliance and submissions, management of associated of payments.
- Responsible for implementation of local transfer pricing policies.
- Maintaining a robust system of controls relating to all aspects of company taxation and assisting with the SAO sign off
- Responsible for day to day relationship with the HMRC and tax advisers
- Oversight of the preparation of the statutory accounts
- Some involvement in monthly US GAAP accounting and reporting (this is however largely delegated to the shared service centre)
- Day to day relationship owner with external auditors
- Provision of technical accounting/controls advice to business/other functions
- Preparation of short and longer term cash flow forecasts (working with both the commercial affiliate and the manufacturing finance teams)
- Monitoring of cash balances and liaison with corporate treasury on funding requirements
- Supporting development of working capital reporting and assisting the business in improving its working capital management
Experience and education requirements:
- Extensive experience of UK GAAP financial statements preparation and completion. FRS 102 accounting preferred
- Broad technical understanding of the UK corporate tax environment, including aspects of compliance, payments, corporation tax returns and VAT returns
- Broad technical knowledge - analytical, technical reporting and financial control skills
- Advanced Excel and Financial Analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently whilst working effectively with teams in shared service centres and corporate head office
- Ability to influence senior management
- Understanding of financial aspects of contracts, reporting and compliance
Salary & Benefits:
Base salary of £52,000 to £58,000, 10% Bonus, 10% pension, car allowance and more
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
37-43 Blagrave Street
gb 01189 028 888