Finance Business Partner/Management Accountant
GBP33000 - 37000 / annum
7th January 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Accountancy and Finance are recruiting exclusively for a Finance Business Partner/Management Accountant to join Bath Spa University - an established and highly reputable Education organisation based on the outskirts of central Bath. This is a newly created position due to a restructure within their finance team so an excellent opportunity for a highly-skilled and eager to learn individual to make this role their own.
Bath Spa University has an excellent reputation as a market leader within Higher Education whose origins date back to the early 1850s. Bath Spa University prides themselves on their range of facilities and courses including being voted one of the top creative universities in the UK, a safe and sustainable environment for their 7500+ students and for creating great prospects for graduates. The university is based on a beautiful and historic campus, located close to the city of Bath.
Reporting to the Acting Head of Finance, the Finance Business Partner/Management Accountant will be responsible for providing business partnering services to specific University budget managers, as well as assisting the Acting Head of Finance and the financial reporting team, with the financial reporting of the University, including the University's management and statutory accounts.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To assist with the preparation of the University and subsidiary company management accounts, include month-end journals and reconciliations
- Assist with the production of the University's year-end financial accounts and supporting audit schedules and analysis
- To assist with preparing costing reports of research and teaching including annual returns and subsequent benchmarking
- To be responsible for providing business partnering services to specific budget managers, (the majority of who are non-financial specialists). Establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships with budget holders for the purpose of understanding spend drivers within the department and representing the finance function as a proactive and supportive business partner. Monitor and feedback on budget variances to help ensure timely and accurate forecasting, and support for projects / costing activities
- To assist the Acting Head of Finance in the monitoring of the University's treasury management activities, including preparation of cash flow forecasts and relevant data for governors' reports
- To assist with the preparation of HEFCE / HESA financial and monitoring returns
- To assist with the preparation of National Statistics monitoring returns
- Ensure relevant performance indicators and standards are met and all reporting timelines are adhered to
- To contribute to the provision of timely management information for both strategic and operational purposes, both on an ad hoc and planned basis
- To train and support non-financial specialists on using budgetary reporting software, and other financial software as appropriate
- To work with the wider Finance team acting as an escalation point and providing support and guidance when issues may arise regarding processing transaction data, as well as working collegiately on wider departmental projects within Finance
- To carry out such duties as are required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Part-qualified Accountant who is actively pursuing fully qualified status
- Experience of computerised accounting systems and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Word
- Experience of preparation of financial statements and other financial reports
- Highly proactive, diligent and a team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of working in a larger organisation
- Education/public sector experience will be highly desirable and in particular reporting requirements of HE institutions
- Must be interpersonally very strong and ideally have experience working closely with Senior members of staff. Impressive communication skills and culture fit will be integral to succeed in this opportunity
Salary & Benefits
The Finance Business Partner/Management Accountant will be paid a salary between £33,199 and £37,345 (dependant on experience) plus excellent benefits. Benefits include working in a newly-created role which you can make your own, a very generous annual leave package of 33 days, onsite nursery with staff discount, gym facilities plus parking available on site.
All 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Robert Half as part of the exclusivity agreement
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400