GBP70000 - 80000 / annum
6th February 2018
Robert Half Technology is working with a leading luxury brand who have gone through a significant growth period over the past few years. They are now at the stage where they feel that can better utilise technology to further their growth and offering to the market.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, innovative information technology professional looking for a high-profile leadership opportunity. The successful candidate will shape and direct IT strategy over the coming years to encompass all applications, infrastructure, data, business enablement and ecommerce solutions.
The client believes that Technology has a key role to play in both their growth and customer engagement strategies. In order to better deliver IT and digital services to its customers and staff my client is creating a position for an IT Director.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will be responsible for delivering an innovative, resilient and enabling IT Service to meet the needs of the business as a whole. Furthermore you will be managing, supporting and developing the on-site IT team and the management of third party providers.
It is important that you have a strong technical knowledge, whilst you will have a team underneath you ultimately you will be responsible for the BAU running of the business as well as the strategic leadership. You will have a solid infrastructure, networking and security background.
Key Responsibilities will include;
- Develop and implement an IT strategy that is both innovative and in line with corporate objectives, and provides greater technology enablement, security and contingency.
- Leading, motivating, developing and mentoring technical staff to deliver a world class IT service providing flexibility regarding working hours to meet business needs
- Identify innovative and cost effective ways to enhance the customer experience through the use of IT and work with colleagues to deliver enhancements that meet and exceed expectations.
- Develop and maintain management information consistent with customer needs and priorities working with the MI team.
- Ensure that the client has an adaptable, secure, resilient and effective information technology infrastructure at all times.
- Create, manage and adhere to an annual itemised budget including resource planning.
- Proactively identify risks that might impact on IT related activities and ensure that they are effectively managed and mitigated through appropriate actions and controls
- Put in place arrangements which ensure that the organisation meets regulatory, legal, audit and agreed internal and external standards for IT
- Ensuring projects are delivered to time, cost and quality with adequate governance, reporting structures and change management
- Liaising and networking with external suppliers and agencies
- Improve Ecommerce solution
The Individual must have experience of (and be able to);
- A previous senior position covering Infrastructure, applications, MI, Service Delivery, Innovation, Ecommerce and Project Delivery
- Exposure to managing the Delivery Roadmap and development of the IT strategy
- Managing and influencing senior management stakeholders
- Budgetary responsibility and the ability to identify how and where to invest money
- Broad technical knowledge with the ability to manage supplier and solution selection process, delivery partners and outsource agreements
- Strong project management skills and the ability to identify potential issues and drive through solutions to realise benefits
- Involvement in BI/MI systems development and implementation
- Involvement in Digital Strategy development and implementation
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Inquisitive and proactive
- Committed to personal and team development
- Outward and forward-looking
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Broad technical knowledge
- Relevant qualifications ITIL/Prince2/APMP/MCSE/
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
This is an opportunity to lead an IT department within a successful organisation that has the ambition to further develop their offering and believe that Technology will be key in delivering their objectives. You will have the backing of the Executive team to further develop the IT Landscape and will have complete ownership of the IT Strategy.
The Base salary is up to £80,000 and come with a generous bonus package, with 30 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays (Rising to 35).
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered as interviews are in the third week of February.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement