£40,000.00 - £45,000.00 / annum
1st October 2019
Robert Half Technology are exclusively partnering with an exciting and creative organisation based in Central Bath to recruit an IT Manager.
They started out in the historic city of Bath, UK in 2005. That's where you'll find the head office, they have a US office located in central Manhattan in New York City. They also have two fabulous offices in Hong Kong and Melbourne, Australia, and a showroom in Milan, Italy.
The group works in partnership with the most respected national retailers, department stores and destination independents, they supply their products to more than 6000 stores, in over 60 countries around the world.
IT Manager - The Role
- Manage and establish priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations.
- Monitoring and reporting - Ensure proper metrics and monitoring is in place to provide informed decision making on issue diagnosis, management and efficiency.
- Standards and Procedures - mitigate areas of risk by enforcing standards and procedures to the inherently complex technology infrastructure in compliance with company policy ensuring sustained quality of service.
- Provide leadership and direction of Infrastructure Technology to IT personnel and company personnel
- Enable the company to be agile and more adaptable through the use of technology infrastructure
- Establishing and maintain a strong working partnership with other IT personnel, company personnel, outsourcers, vendors and contractors
- Conduct research and recommend changes in services, products, protocols and standards to support development efforts and infrastructure procurement.
- Respond to inquiries about hardware or software issues Maintain accurate records in the IT Helpdesk systems including incident tickets and company computer and software inventory
- Assist other member of IT in issue resolution within their areas of expertise and knowledge
Also performed outside scope of above criteria for the position;
- Design and execute short- and long-term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs and communicate to Senior Management Team.
- Liaison with DCT on strategic projects which affect the group and assist with the planning, design and implementation of these projects
- Communication of DCT projects to group Senior Management Team and convey how these projects will affect the organization.
- Technology Skill: Requires high degree of knowledge in Infrastructure, Server, Computer hardware and software. Strong background in installing, configuring, and maintaining IT systems, virtualised platforms and IT equipment
- Communication Skill: Ability to use clear language and expression to provide technical support to users
- Interpersonal Skill: Work with various tech professionals to develop and implement IT Infrastructure strategies and liaising with other technical peers and the wider user community.
- 5+ years' experience in infrastructure design, installation and management
- 5+ years' experience in installation and management of hardware and software of servers and virtualised infrastructure
- Cisco or CCA certification, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience of providing desktop and application support
Please contact [email protected] to learn more
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400