Fleet Financial Controller
GBP75000 - 90000 / annum
1st February 2018
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are partnerning with a Bedfordshire business who are looking to recruit a Fleet Financial Controller.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are partnering with a Bedfordshire business who are looking to recruit a Fleet Financial Controller.
The the position of Fleet Financial Controller Bedfordshire you will own and deliver robust and cost-effective finance support the business in line with Group standards. Other key duties to include:
- identify business risks and ensuring rigorous financial controls.
- Deliver process improvements, cost reductions and revenue enhancements.
- Engage with the operations team and wider business to understand the 'story' behind the numbers and provide insights/robust challenge/advice
- Compile key business metrics/KPI and report/advise management
- Balance day to day finance activities with those of providing the Fleet Director with business partnering and advice on commercial decisions that support the business as a whole
- Work collaboratively with the Group Finance team on behalf of the Fleet central function.
- Ensure key (auditable) controls, audit and compliance requirements are in-place and met and policies and procedures are updated.
- Ensure rebate/balance sheet reconciliations are done accurately and in timely manner
- Oversee production and submission of quarterly VAT returns and annual Fleet Services Limited statutory accounts
- Assist/challenge contract pricing in relation to business needs and competitor pricing
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- To support and work with the Group Internal Audit function regarding internal audit requirements and external auditors and Group Finance in relation to external audit requirements.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Lead and motivate a small Fleet finance team.
- Capture, monitor and report any risks or concerns to the Director of Fleet and Group Financial Controller.
- Challenge costs and services from existing supply chain and recommend alternative strategies and / or suppliers where required.
- Provide analysis detailing the costs of the vehicle lifecycle /operation.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly the financial objectives and goals to the Fleet team in harmony with Fleet management team.
- Communicate with other managers to share challenges and ideas, to create robust Fleet solutions. Drive innovation in service delivery, savings and performance.
- Completion of regular team reviews and feedback in a timely and appropriate manner to promote clear expectations and employee engagement and development.
- Identify training needs and deliver training, coaching and mentoring to team members to develop skills, efficiency and performance.
- Qualified Accountant either ACA or ACCA/ CIMA
- Hands-on "can do", delivery attitude.
- Commercial and business awareness
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets.
- Pro-active approach to change and embrace continuous improvement.
- Motivates and inspires team and colleagues.
- A confident negotiator with supplier cost & service management experience.
- A demonstrable track record financial control and business partnering.
- Good standard of education and a strong work ethic coupled with the ability to operate effectively within a team environment.
Reputable client based in Bedfordshire looking to build on a successful accounting function and drive accounting standards with the fleet accounting function. Excellent opportunity for someone to personal add value, drive performance and stream line processes whilst maintaining group standards.
Salary & Benefits
£75,000 to £90,000 plus benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement