£22,000.00 - £26,000.00 / annum
22nd October 2019
You will be working for a fast paced, highly rated Independent Co-educational Day School. There are in excess of 1200 pupils in the School from age 7 to 18. The School offers a premium education to a diverse range pupils. Pupils are encouraged to maximize their academic potential whilst optimizing their participation in the diverse and inclusive co-curricular program.
The IT Support Engineer will have responsibility for the implementation, installation, configuration and ongoing usability of Windows and Apple Mac desktop computers, Chromebooks, Laptops, smart-phones, tablet devices, A/V equipment installed and used throughout the School. You will be responsible for applying Operating System and third-party Software application updates in a timely manner whilst ensuring compliance with security standards, procedures and guidelines, but will also be able to work flexibly to provide ICT support as required.
- Assist School and Staff and students with day to day ICT tools and resources and carry out informal training as required to promote and enhance the use of Technology within Teaching & Learning.
- Monitoring the installations of new computer systems and equipment
- Mentor and train other ICT Technicians within the department (where required).
- To respond to ICT Support requests in a timely fashion to ensure minimum disruption to Teaching and Learning always and to verify that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
- Setup and maintain computer/network peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, Interactive Whiteboards, data projectors, wireless access points, network switches ensuring that these are ready to be used as necessary.
- Setup Audio Visual equipment (Data Projectors, Laptops and sound Systems, etc.) and install requested equipment as necessary.
- At Least 2 years' experience in an IT Support Engineer
- Experience of supporting users on School or business networks.
- Experience in Operating System builds.
- Experience using Active Directory, Group Policy, System Centre, DNS, DHCP and IIS at an installation, configuration or support level.
- Experience supporting Apple Mac computers
- Experience supporting Windows 10
- Troubleshooting and securing Desktop Computers or Mobile Devices
- ICT Systems & Software
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft Server 2016/19 and Active Directory
- Office 365
- IT security concepts and troubleshooting
- Good knowledge of desktop computer, laptops, smart phone/tablets hardware devices and its configuration
- Apple Mac configuration and setup
- Network concepts and troubleshooting.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Milton KeynesPinnacle Mews
1 Grafton Mews,
gb 01908 201 420