£24,000.00 - £28,000.00 / annum
23rd September 2019
Main purpose of job
To carry out the required tasks to administer and support our customer's IT networks. As part of a team of dedicated technicians, you'll be providing 2nd Line and Desktop Support to one of the UK's largest firms within their industry, this role combines both end-user support with more technical hands on troubleshooting.
The 2nd Line IT Support Technician will provide support to a diverse group of over 650 users both onsite and remote, responding to incidents and requests in line with company SLA's. You'll troubleshoot desktop, telephony, network and printing errors, investigate software issues and carry out daily checks to ensure that backups are completed successfully. You will support cutting edge hardware, software and infrastructure technologies. Install hardware, software, mobile devices, and have the opportunity to administer servers - gaining an insight into infrastructure-based technology. The role supports users based in some of the client's other offices within the region and occasional travel will be required.
The successful 2nd Line IT Support Technician will need to be self-motivated, conscientious, methodical and organised, with the ability to liaise with clients at all levels of a business whilst demonstrating excellent customer service at all times. You'll possess a logical approach to problem solving and will already be experienced in a similar role. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Read, analyse, understand and apply relevant technical information, technical manuals and procedures.
- Responsible to: Team Leader
- Liaison with - Service Delivery Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Company Directors, Office, Manager, clients and IT suppliers.
- Part of a team of IT Technicians
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Attend regular status meetings with the team and management
- Effectively communicate IT or any other relevant information to management in a timely manner
- Liaise with clients
- In line with stated prioritisation resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Effectively communicate IT or any other relevant information to colleagues in a timely manner
- Administer users, desktops and servers for our clients in accordance with agreed procedures
- Resolving ICT issues for our clients in accordance with agreed procedures
- Respond to issues via the telephone, e-mail, call logging system, walk in visitors and monitoring systems, ensuring all issues are logged on the relevant call logging system
- Liaise with IT suppliers in regards to logging technical queries
- Carry out daily checks, reporting & resolving issues to the agreed procedure
- Ensure client DR systems are fully operational
- Assemble and repairing hardware such as desktops/laptops etc.
- Physical installation of desktops, laptops, printers and other IT equipment
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Carry out site visits as required
- Out of hours work, both evenings and weekends (agreed in advance)
- Create & keep documentation, manuals and procedures up to date
- Timely completion of timesheets and other internal documentation
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Minimum 1-year experience in a similar role
- Windows 7/10, MS Server 2008/12, MS Exchange 2013, MS Office 365/2013
- Active Directory & Group Policy administration
- IP networking & telephony, DNS, DHCP
- Server, network and desktop hardware
- Backup software and hardware
- Mobile device support
- Sophos AV
- Symantec/Veeam Backup Solutions
- Double Take replication
Any of the following: MCSE/MCITP, MCP/MCTS or VCP.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600