£26,000.00 - £32,000.00 / annum
11th April 2019
A global recruitment agency is looking for a Second Line Support Engineer to join their growing IT function and support their global offices.
Reporting into the Service Desk Manager, you will be working within the Support Desk team acting as a first point of contact for all technical user issues. Your role will involve troubleshooting complex software/hardware faults and communicating with colleagues to ensure issues are solved as efficiently as possible.
The successful candidate will be required to provide support to colleagues around the world so my client is looking for an individual who has excellent customer service skills and is adaptable under pressure. There is also a keen emphasis on training and development which will need to be illustrated in the interview process.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established organisation with an outstanding reputation and global scope. Please apply within if this is an opportunity that interests you!
- First point of contact for all users for all IT issues and problems
- Record all incidents in the ticketing management system
- Maintain awareness of users issues and act to resolve
- Provide a high rate of troubleshoots whilst maintaining excellent customer service
- Escalate complex issues to 3rd line team when unable to find a resolution
- Monitor incidents to follow-up after escalation to 3rd line team
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers
- Investigate and suggest initiatives to maintain and improve levels of service
- Be flexible and available to participate in on-call rota
- Minimum 3 years' experience of working on a support desk
- Experience of providing 2nd line desktop support
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory - admin groups/users, Group Policy
- Experience of supporting users on Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
- Experience of working with Exchange / Office 365 / OneDrive
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service
- Driven to develop IT skillset
- Ability to create and maintain good relationships
- Flexible and able to travel when required
In return, my client is offering a salary up between £26,000 and £32,000 plus benefits. Please contact Jordan Fitzgerald at Robert Half Technology if you would like to hear more.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400