EPOS, Desktop and Server Support Specialist
GBP27000 - 30000 / annum
14th May 2019
Robert Half Technology have been given a mandate to recruit an EPOS, Desktop and Server Support Specialist for a highly regarded institution based in Birmingham.
Key Responsibilities of the EPOS, Desktop and Server Support Specialist role:
The role of an EPOS, Desktop and Server Support Specialist will play a key role within a committed IT EPOS Support Team, providing EPOS support including all onsite hardware, software & 3rd party integrations.
- Be the first point of contact for support and maintenance for the EPOS system for both software and hardware providing telephone and onsite support to all outlets, resolving any issues as required.
- Prioritise the setup and install of new sites with EPOS and Chip & Pin devices and following and maintaining PCI DSS compliance.
- Setup of new users, third party integrations and cashless facilities for customers.
- To maintain the EPOS database, changing day to day prices, products and promotions, annual price increase, delist and addition of products.
- Training of all members of staff on EPOS tills, Cash handling and PCI Compliance.
- Troubleshoot problems, many of which may require in-depth knowledge, and develop, test and implement new approaches and services. This requires the post holder to have the technical experience to ensure continuous development and reliable operation of all services within their areas of responsibility, to assess problems and judge the appropriate solution
- Logging support call on the ITS and following up any outstanding calls.
- Responsible for clarification discussions with external companies and contractors, to ensure prompt and adequate service, this includes the EPOS provider, Yoyo and Pelican.
- Identify faults, understand resolutions and carry out instructions to rectify these where necessary.
- Providing 1 to 1 technical training and advice to EPOS users and junior team members, either verbally or via written documentation.
- Running and maintaining reports for all outlet managers in a variety of reporting tools including Tableau, Microsoft Excel and automated scheduled reports.
- Be fully conversant with all areas of desktop and cloud-based server support including Windows desktop, networking operating systems and Microsoft applications. As well as CODA, NewCore (Oracle Fusion, Proactis, Kinetic Solutions, Guestine Rezlynx PMS, Yoyo and Pelican Pi.
- Develop specialist knowledge for a specific area within the team, including in-house bespoke Business Systems applications e.g. Vouchers, Cashless and the Student records system client/server application (Cardax)
- Maintain system administration to ensure access to all cloud servers and systems whilst ensuring service continuity.
- To manage small project teams to meet service needs when required. To include managing other project team members to ensure that each part of the project is completed on time and does not adversely impact on the overall project plan.
Key Skills of the role:
- An in depth up-to-date technical knowledge of EPOS Solutions Software, PCI / P2PE Compliance, Windows 7/Windows 10, EPOS hardware and associated devices, Windows Server 2008 R2/Windows Server 2012 and later, Microsoft Office 20xx, MS Outlook (Exchange) Client, Microsoft Excel
- An understanding of ITIL Service Delivery best practices, processes and procedures.
- Specialised knowledge and support experience in several of the following areas would be an advantage: - Cloud based infrastructure, EPOS, card machines, printers, scanners, loyalty, Microsoft Sharepoint Services, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, PCI/P2PE and mobile devices (smartphones, tablets etc…)
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Strong understanding of customer requirements, in order to ensure developed solutions, meet customer needs.
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a team towards quality service goals and deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills must be approachable.
- Employs structured and methodical approach to problem solving, in order to anticipate issues within own area of responsibility, particularly systems issues and hardware/software fault diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to prioritise needs to ensure continuity of service and schedule workloads in the face of conflicting demands.
- Flexible organised approach to work.
Salary & Benefits:
- £27,000 - £30,000
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Contribution pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600