GBP30000 - 35000 / annum
19th February 2019
Robert Half are pleased to announce that they are partnering with an exciting well-established organisation based in Birmingham. We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to lead the team as a subject matter expert reporting directly to the Infrastructure Manager. This is a very exciting time for the Infrastructure Engineer to be joining the client as they are going through a large-scale business transformation.
The Responsibilities for the Infrastructure Engineer:
- Responsible for the operational stability, performance, availability and reliability of the IT infrastructure, as delegated by the IT Infrastructure Manager, which may include on-premise datacentre operations, cloud infrastructure operations, databases, servers, services, systems, networking, connectivity, audio visual, video conferencing and similar.
- Key contributor to technical design and project lifecycle for multiple major infrastructure enhancements or sub systems.
- Present recommendations to the IT Infrastructure Manager for discussion and agreement and implement agreed recommendations.
- Ensures implicit and explicit business and application requirements can be supported by proposed solutions.
- Contributor to detailed technical designs and architecture libraries.
- Providing input to design and implementation plans, and governance to solution delivery teams.
- Serving as a subject matter expert for delegated areas of technical infrastructure.
- Contributor to the design and continuous improvement of all IT Infrastructure provided to the organisation.
- Key contributor to delivery of projects into BAU services.
The Successful Candidate MUST have:
- Expert knowledge of all matters related to technology infrastructure, including but not limited to, Cloud, Server, Database, Virtualisation, Storage, Operating systems and Connectivity.
- Advanced knowledge in more than one of the following: Secure Systems design, Public, Private and Hybrid, Cloud hosting experience, Desktop & Server OS, Database, OS Support, Storage/SANs & Backup/Recovery, Security, High Availability/Business Continuity
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft on premise and cloud technologies (including Azure, SharePoint, Dynamics and Office 365)
- Sound understanding of DNS hosting and network configuration
- Sound Understanding of network configuration, security and security: infrastructure, application, virtualisation.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Easily accessible on Birmingham's public transport
- Flexible Working
- Excellent Pension Scheme
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
B4 6AT 0121 616 4600