IT Project Manager
GBP36000.00 - 39000.00 / annum
11th March 2019
Robert Half are pleased to announce that they are partnering with an exciting well-established organisation based in Birmingham. We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager to deliver planning and project management services for the department. This is a very exciting time for the IT Project Manager to be joining the client as they are going through a large-scale business transformation.
- You will be responsible for managing assigned projects from inception to post-project closure.
- You will be responsible for creating and managing documentation relating to the planning processes of the department, including charts, plans, and other representations and artefacts to be used internally and through engagement processes.
- You will be responsible for the effective implementation of processes, procedures and guidelines as defined by the organisational Project Management Office (PMO), and close interoperable working with the PMO, in all managed projects.
- You will be responsible for convening project teams, allocating workloads, and scheduling delivery.
- Responsible for regular and accurate reporting to the IT Leadership Team.
- Responsible for maintaining general awareness of organisational projects that may have an impact or a requirement for IT involvement, and to share relevant information with the engagement team.
- Accountable for the delivery of effective IT projects, with demonstrable successful outcomes achieved.
- Accountable for the provision of post-project/closure documentation, related to lessons learned and similar artefacts.
Essential experience criteria:
- You must have knowledge of a range of project management methodologies and approaches, including but not limited to Agile and Prince2.
- Strong time management skills
- Experience of user-led design methodologies, Agile software development and project delivery, rapid prototyping, and similar.
- Significant experience of managing project teams, including the full software development lifecycle, including external contractors, in dispersed working environments.
- Significant experience of leading project teams through an Agile lifecycle from strategic inception through to project completion, and post-implementation change.
- Familiarity with more than one area of IT- end user devices, finance systems, HR/people systems, desktop and cloud productivity systems, SharePoint, connectivity software and systems, mobile device applications.
- Experience with a range of project management tools, to plan and communicate progress to differing audiences.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working
- Health Care
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
B4 6AT 0121 616 4600