£28,000.00 - £32,000.00 / annum
17th April 2019
Robert Half have been appointed to recruit an IT Systems & Security Administrator for an Engineering business, based in Birmingham, who work with businesses across the globe. They have been established over 150 years and continual to be the leader in their field.
Key Responsibilities of the IT Systems & Security Administrator role:
The role of an IT Systems & Security Administrator will be to support and manage our client's in-house computer software systems and network to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications.
- Ownership of the Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation process
- Server and user administration. Active directory, SQL Server and On-Prem Exchange and O365 Mail, File & other Servers.
- Implement and maintain File and User security, permissions and Antivirus tools in line with IMI/CCI Security policy and Cyber Essentials Plus best practice
- End user support, which involves helping to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues on all systems including ERP and Manufacturing Systems.
- Manage communications solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, Intranet, and Internet applications and company Mobile Phones
- Manage company phone system and install & configure endpoints
- Monitor & Update Systems Helpdesk, provide and document solutions.
- Create system specifications and end user documentation
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on servers and databases in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance including Cyber Essentials Plus.
- Server operations including performance management, backup and restore, Disaster Recovery, VMware virtual server management, and Firewall & Network switch configuration.
- Liaise with third party suppliers to provide additional external support and services
- Develop, document, maintain audit policies and procedures for system administration and appropriate use of company systems in line with group and audit requirements
- Carrying out any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested
Key Skills of the IT Systems & Security Administrator:
- IT Industry Certifications are advantageous (e.g. CSA, MCSE, Network+, ITIL, Security+, CEH)
- Experience in a similar role including experience with Cyber Essentials or ISO 27001 qualification.
- Exposure to Windows Server and desktop systems (Windows 10), Active Directory.
- Experience and knowledge of IT policies and standards.
- Strong computer literate skills, MS Office (including Office 365) skills and experience
- Experience of working within a result driven environment with skills in managing both core
- process and bringing a creative and innovative approach.
- Experience in a metrics focused environment including weekly and monthly quarterly reporting and analysis.
- Experience of working with and implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques
Salary & Benefits:
- Circa £30,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- On site parking
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600