£50000 - 60000 / annum
3rd July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half have partnered exclusivley with an Automotive Manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Birmingham City Centre to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant. The role will support the technical function for the business and help drive efficiency's, reporting standards and be a vocal point between internal and external stakeholders. The engineering business is an internationally renowned business with multiple sites across the UK, Europe and USA. The role will be a step in the right direction for an individual that wants to pursue a long term career with progression opportunities.
Key job purpose is to provide technical expertise to ensure that the statutory accounts for all UK entities are completed to a high quality, signed-off and filed in a timely manner. Job holder will take full responsibility for this task. To coordinate the production of corporation tax packs, including the analysis of tax to enable an estimated tax computation to be made for UK legal entities.
- Production of high-quality statutory accounts under IFRS (& FRS101) for all UK entities, including group consolidations
- Coordination of Corporation tax packs
- Liaise with external auditors and tax advisors in the completion of the above tasks
- Provide regular statutory accounts progress updates to UK Group Finance Management
- Simplification of the statutory accounts / tax packs process and documentation of this, including process improvements
- Coordination of external audits for the UK entities, including ensuring that corrective actions are taken as highlighted
- Interpretation and implementation of new / revised financial reporting standards, including providing training to the UK finance team
- Support specific UK entities with the month end reporting process, including management accounts production in line with Group and IFRS requirements
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations including identification of risks and corrective action
- Responsible for VAT Returns, Intrastat and EC Sales List submissions for specific entities
- Routine GA tasks, for example accruals and prepayments, journal preparation and postings
- Ensure a commitment to assisting the FA Team with ongoing service delivery, process and efficiency improvements, including automation where possible
- Support the CAS Manager in focus on ensuring that a framework for control and compliance is in place.
- Lead or support on ad-hoc finance projects as required
Proven knowledge of financial accounting processes
Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi task
Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
High level of IT literacy, especially Excel
Ability to re-engineer processes to improve efficiency
Salary & Benefits
£50,000-£60,000 + Additional Benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600