Procurement Project Manager
Location : Birmingham
Post Date : 20 March 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Job Order Number : 470232
Line of Business : Administration
Robert Half OfficeTeam are recruiting for an Interim Procurement Project Manager for an organisation in the West Midlands
The interim Procurement Project Manager is required to assist the Director of Procurement with a business process assessment across the operational parts of the business, to inform a strategy with a view to delivering a business process improvement and best practice project.
You will need to liaise with the Operational Category teams to align the business priorities, take advantage of supply market opportunities, and deliver significant benefits to the business.
You will be accountable for managing a portfolio of categories.
- CIPS qualification
- Extensive direct and in-direct cross category buying experience
- Strong negotiation skills and detailed knowledge of contract law, structuring and documentation of agreements
- Able to identify and create innovative solutions supplier, stakeholder and category management
- Engage with senior stakeholders to remove blockages and ensure that the team have a strong pipeline of opportunities to achieve savings / add value to the business
- Develop process, policy, tools and systems, and ensure robust delivery of relevant projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence at senior levels
- Solid experience within a similar level
- Procurement role with cross-category expertise ideally within either Distribution / Logistics / Retail/ HR / Professional Services / IT
£25 an hour
To commence in April
Six month role
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
B4 6AT Birmingham