£30,000.00 - £35,000.00 / annum
11th April 2019
Robert Half are pleased to announce that they are partnering with an exciting well-established organisation based in Birmingham. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to lead the team as a subject matter expert reporting directly to the Software Solutions Manager. This is a very exciting time for the Software Engineer to be joining the client as they are going through a large-scale business transformation.
Scope of the Role:
- Contributor to the delivery of effective and efficient software solutions for the organisation, including but not limited to, customising, configuring and administrating SaaS solutions, creating solutions from PaaS components and systems, implementation and management of packaged software, and where bespoke requirements exist, development of bespoke software.
- Analysing and clarifying initial requirements provided by the Engagement team.
- Maintaining continually updated knowledge of SaaS and PaaS solutions development and management, through research and engagement with product suppliers.
- Recommending SaaS and PaaS solutions, through presentations to senior technical staff and leaders.
- Developing existing solutions by analysing and identifying areas for modification.
- Integrating existing software solutions and resolving platform incompatibility issues.
- Creating technical specifications and documentation, plans, processes and standard procedures.
- Working closely with other teams, such as project managers, UX and UI designers and developers, systems analysts, testing, change management and other staff involved in the management of solutions.
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, documentation and online learning, and accessing new applications.
- Responsible for contributing to multiple projects in parallel workstreams.
- Investigating new technologies.
The Successful Candidate MUST have:
- Effective configuration and management.
- Significant experience of the design, acquisition and delivery of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions, through effective customisation, lightweight development, configuration and management (e.g. SharePoint and similar)
- Preferred experience of user-led design methodologies, Agile software development and project delivery, rapid prototyping, and similar.
- Significant knowledge of bespoke development in Microsoft software and platforms, preferably including more than one of the following, Visual Studio, .NET, Azure, SharePoint, Dynamics and similar.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems and Systems Architecture.
- Experience of working with external contractors, including 3rd party software developers, in a dispersed working environment.
- Knowledge and experience of utilising at least one best practice software development framework, to develop a value-adding approach to the delivery of IT testing which is pragmatic and appropriate to the organisation.
- Working towards or holder of intermediate-level or higher, industry-recognised qualifications in software development or related technologies.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Easily accessible on Birmingham's public transport
- Flexible Working
- Excellent Pension Scheme
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600