£9.00 - £11.00 / hour
13th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert half have been appointed to recruit for a fast growing business in Birmingham City Centre, this role is a 3 month temporary role with a view to go permanent.
To support our expansion we are looking to fill a number of office based roles and have an immediate requirement for an Accounts Assistant
Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
To ensure records are fully maintained and updated, ready for audit purposes and to facilitate the process of filing annual account statements.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Sales ledger - Invoicing customers daily, dealing with credit control and all aspects of sales ledger.
- Purchase ledger - Posting around 300 purchase invoices per month, issuing payments to suppliers, reconciling purchase ledger and ensuring all orders for glass are in good condition.
- Credit Control - raise invoices & chase outstanding payments.
- Dealing with petty cash, company cards.
- Banking- posting all bank transactions including direct debits, bank transfers, standing orders, supplier payments and customer receipts.
- VAT Returns- Dealing with quarterly VAT returns, ensuring VAT rates are applied correctly when sales and purchase tax are calculated and reconciling VAT returns.
- Completing payroll for a team of 15 staff, with accurate retrieval from the clocking in system and comparison between overtime claimed by staff.
- Must have great attention to detail and be computer literate with strong numerical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and methodical approach to record keeping
- Solutions focused
- Knowledge and awareness of current legislation and regulation of financial accounts
This is an outstanding role, where the Managing Director and the Management Team play a key role in your development within the organisation.
If you feel you have the right attributes for this role and you have the drive and ambition to excel with us please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
BirminghamThe Colmore Building,
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
gb 0121 616 4600