Temporary Assistant Accountant
Location : Birmingham
Post Date : 27 February 2017
Employment Type : Temporary
Job Order Number : 468828
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half have been appointed to work with a prestigious business in North Birmingham, to appoint a Temporary Assistant Accountant.
Our client is currently recruiting for a self-motivated Assistant Accountant to join their Finance Department on temp-to-perm basis. They are seeking a confident, approachable individual who can work both independently and as part of a small team. The role of Assistant Accountant will be varied and busy, and duties will include:
- Managing purchase ledger and sales ledger/credit control
- Match, batch, coding & processing invoices
- Control and reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Provide varied services across accounts preparation
- Undertake VAT tax returns and Bookkeeping
- Manage all elements of payroll
- Chasing payments and maintaining spreadsheets
- Maintaining Bank and Cashbook reconciliations
- Daily reconciliations
- Assisting with all the month end statements
- Liaising with internal and external clients
- Assist the Management Accountant and handle all necessary tasks outlined
- Other ad-hoc duties
The Successful Candidate will:
- Already have a great track record in the control and maintenance of an Assistant Accountant system as well as good in depth knowledge of the month-end processes.
- Have experience of Sage and proficiency in Excel is also required.
- Have a previous track-record in a similar finance role for a minimum of 12 months
- Be confident in manipulating large volumes of data
- Be motivated and have a flexible attitude to work
- Have a willingness to embrace and develop new skills
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines
- Display self-motivation with the ability to work on own initiative
This role will last for 3 months on a temporary basis before converting to a permanent position. It will start ASAP and be based in Birmingham. The role will pay circa £12 per hour dependent on experience.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your latest CV along with an overview of your suitability and we will be in touch ASAP.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
20 Colmore Circus, Queensway,
B4 6AT Birmingham