£42,000.00 - £52,000.00 / annum
16th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Based at Head Office in Bolton (Westhoughton), this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Group Finance Manager / Accountant to take ownership over group finance and drive the business forward commercially.
This role reports directly to the CEO and is primarily responsible for the efficient 'day-to-day' operational finance function, as well as fully supporting commercial and operation decision making across the company. It's a great chance to truly put your stamp on a function, whilst adding tangible value and input on critical business-changing decisions.
As 'number one' in finance, previous experience in an independent/standalone or Finance Management position is essential.
Reporting directly to the CEO & indirectly to the Managing Directors;
- Full ownership over group finance function for a c6mil turnover SME group.
- Independent preparation of monthly Group MI & accounts packs.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts & forecasts.
- Management of weekly cashflows.
- Business partnering senior stakeholders, both internally & externally. Likely day-to-day contact with CEO, MD's, Heads of Departments.
- Driving positive change via systems, controls, processes and cost-saving initiatives.
- Identifying quick-win opportunities and weaknesses across the group to drive revenue.
- Transactional finance ownership, including supplier payments management.
- Processing of monthly payroll.
- Developing systems (Sage & Quickbooks) to increase efficiency wherever possible.
- Supporting projects and ad-hoc work as directed by CEO.
- Part-qualified, QBE or Qualified Accountant status (ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
- 2+ years' experience in an independent accountancy or Finance Manager position.
- End-to-end understanding of transactional finance and management accounting, ideally in a group setting.
- Self-sufficient, driven and keen to fully understand a business.
- Strong systems skills. Proven experience using Excel to an intermediate-advanced level.
'We are not like other companies. We listen to our people and care about what they think, in fact people are key to us: our people, our customers and our community.'
SME Property Group with c£6mil turnover and ambitious growth plans. Aiming to reach c£15mil turnover within 3 years. Roughly 120 staff, strong senior leadership and a 2018 vs 2019 Q3 growth of almost 50%.
Processes and systems are currently in-place, and the Group Finance Manager vacancy is a result of a staff member moving home location.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary + OTE Bonus
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive on Bank Holidays. Extra ½ day on your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Death in service scheme
- Free parking
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Regular social & Team building events
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Manchester8th Floor, The Zenith Building,
26, Spring Gardens,
gb 0161 828 6100