£200.00 - £250.00 / week
11th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working with a highly regarded public sector organisation based in Bristol who are looking to recruit a Principal Accountant on an initial 6 month engagement. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced contractor looking for their next interim opportunity.
In this role you will be responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to;
- Build excellent professional relationships with key senior stakeholders across the organisation both external and internal
- Interpretation of financial performance
- Providing independent analysis and interpretation of complex and technical financial data, to facilitate support and challenge to both internal and external stakeholders and allow decisions to be made following consideration of financial resource and risks implications.
- Writing and presenting reports on the analysis and interpretation of financial performance
- To provide financial support to lower risks projects develop business cases and options appraisals in support of business objectives, investigate and support mechanisms for greater efficiencies or additional income generation and invest to save.
- The preparation of final accounts and the annual statutory accounts in accordance with relevant accounting and statutory requirements and liaising with the external auditors.
- Advise on implementation of International Financial Reporting Standards for the statutory accounts including, but not limited to, supporting the maintenance of the Asset Register.
- To support the development of the organisation's rolling five -year Capital Programme, liaising with officers across the organisation to compile bids and funding information; the re-phasing of approved budgets and the inclusion of budget bids for new projects.
- To prepare monthly capital budget monitoring reports for all budget managers in accordance with approved timescales and monthly and quarterly capital expenditure and receipts.
- Optimise VAT recovery on capital projects including assessing the impact on the organistaion's partial exemption and to manage the regular review of the partial exemption position and the annual outturn calculation as required by HMRC.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or Qualified by Experience
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, report writing and presenting
- Excellent time management, planning, organisational and delegation skills
- Highly competent in Excel
Our client is an established and successful organisation. With continued progression and growth plans, this is an exciting time to be a part of this market leading organisation. Promoting a culture of collaboration and communication, the organisation welcomes continual ideas for improvements at a micro and macro level.
Salary & Benefits
In return, you can expect a daily rate of £200-£250
If this role sounds of interest for yourself or someone you know then please do not hesitate to apply through the link or please give me a call on 0117 9935 400 to discuss this role or any future opportunities.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400