£200.00 - £250.00 / day
19th September 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working with a highly regarded Educational Establishment based in Bristol who are looking to recruit a part-time interim Accountant on an initial 2-3-month engagement for 3 days per week. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced contractor looking for their next interim opportunity.
In this role you will be responsible for a range of duties including but not limited to;
- To promote the highest standards of financial accounting, drawing on a sound understanding of best practice and current and relevant regulatory requirements.
- To produce monthly management accounts, including a review of variances, explore potential discrepancies with the CEO and Heads of Departments and make appropriate recommendations and advise of the impact on the business.
- To produce monthly end of year projections based on actuals.
- To produce monthly departmental reports and present to budget holders.
- To prepare cash flow statements as required and advise the CEO of the impact on the business.
- To report on the value for money that the School obtains in all its activities with special regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- To maintain contact with bankers, investment managers, pension advisers and auditors.
- To carry out any necessary research, analysing it and concluding on the information
- Maintaining day-to-day and monthly records for all financial transactions
- Data entry on the Sage accountancy system and Excel
- Processing cheques, invoices and petty cash
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparing BACS transactions, reconciling remittance advices with invoices.
- Assisting with credit control, checking aged debtors and chasing debtors for payment
- Assisting in the archiving of the finance records
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- Ideally ACA/CIMA/ACCA accredited
- Demonstrated high levels of integrity and the ability to operate with confidential information
- Excellent Excel skills with confidence to understand and create complex spreadsheets;
- Ability to work to deadlines and stand back and review own work; and
- Ability to work with others, within and outside the finance department
Our client is an established and successful organisation. With continued progression and growth plans, this is an exciting time to be a part of this market leading organisation. Promoting a culture of collaboration and communication, the organisation welcomes continual ideas for improvements at a micro and macro level.
Salary & Benefits
In return, you can expect a daily rate of £200-£250
If this role sounds of interest for yourself or someone you know then please do not hesitate to apply through the link or please give me a call on 0117 9935 400 to discuss this role or any future opportunities.
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400