£35,000.00 - £40,000.00 / annum
19th August 2019
Accounting and Finance
Robert Half are working with a highly regarded Financial Services client in Bristol who are looking to recruit an Assistant Finance Manager on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Graduate or Part-Qualified individual looking to take a step into Financial Services or grown their knowledge within this sector.
This role is a great opportunity for a recent Graduate or Part-Qualified individual to expand their knowledge of key core finance and reporting systems within a financial services industry as well as enhancing networking and contact opportunities amongst stakeholders.
The role will encompass a variety of different tasks which may be some or all of the following:
- Operation of daily tasks for the Group's Finance platform
- Monthly operation of Group's Finance platform to include reconciliations, submission for posting journals into SAP and month end work to support the business, operation of table change controls
- Processing of the team's foreign currency interface
- Month end work to interface the Client's foreign trades through to the general ledger and journals, to include a Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) reconciliation control
- Preparation of Bank of England forms
- Assisting another team with monthly intercompany matching processes, to include liaising with internal customers to resolve and post differences, all to tight deadlines
- Currently a new system is being developed so the successful candidate will need to support testing and parallel runs. Experience of testing will be greatly beneficial
- Equally, new processes will be required so documenting and building a robust standardised process will form part of this role
- In addition, there will be a variety of different projects to get involved with, which directly impact the team's systems. This will require liaising with stakeholders and being involved in solutions.
You will need excellent attention to detail and communication skills. You need an ability to think on your feet as the diverse range of activities can result in varied and sudden queries that demand urgent attention, especially where reporting is concerned.
- Finance Graduate with some finance experience or Part-Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Planning and organisation
- Strong Excel / Technical skills must be able to do v-look ups/pivot tables
- Handling complex data
- Excellent customer service
Our client is an established and successful organisation. With a strong history, this is an exciting time to be a part of this well-established organisation. Promoting a culture of collaboration and communication, the organisation welcomes continual ideas for improvements at a micro and macro level.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
If this role sounds of interest for yourself or someone you know then please do not hesitate to apply through the link with an updated CV and brief explanation of previous experience or please give me a call on 0117 9935 400 to discuss this role or any future opportunities.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400