£35,000.00 - £40,000.00 / annum
9th May 2019
Digital, Marketing & Creative
Robert Half Marketing and creative are recruiting exclusively for a Bid Manager to join a vibrant IT security solution provider looking to increase market share in the public sector
Reporting to the Managing Director the Bid proposal writer will play a key role with responsibility for leading, coordinating, managing and facilitating all phases (receipt to submission) of the proposal writing process in response to Request for proposals (RFP).
The successful candidate will review Requests for Proposal (RFP) or Requests for Quote (RFQ), Security Questionnaires, and Requests for Information (RFI) and develop a response based on the proposal schedule, leading to successful on-time submission.
In addition to providing technical answers from all existing sources and knowledge bases, collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will be required to ensure that all elements of the received items are completed in the best possible way. In addition, it is expected that the candidate will be capable of generating new and innovative processes to streamline and improve the strategy of the response process.
- Manages the full life cycle of RFP receipt, analysis, response development, and submission
- Gathers and researches information to include in proposals, including resumes, timelines, and project summaries
- Writes technical answers for submissions based on existing sources - articles, knowledge base, documentation - as well as generating new answers based on product knowledge.
- Reviews, organizes, and edits written documentation to improve clarity
- Coordinates proposal efforts with the technical division, contracts department, contractors, subcontractors, finance department and human resources
- Analyses RFP requirements to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the prospect's issues and business needs.
- Monitors win/loss rates, and reports on other critical metrics, leading to increase company success
- Provides insight, recommendations, and creative solutions based on past successes and industry best practices to develop winning proposals
- Assists in the maintenance of proposal and questionnaire answer library
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Design, Communications, English or related field
- 3+ years of experience with proposal development and coordination
- Excellent editing, proofreading and writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and work against strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to develop innovative, new processes
- Experience with proposal management platforms
The company is focused on the provision of advice, consultation and solutions for a wide range of operational risk and security situations. They focus on three key areas; cyber and information security, analysis and intelligence using data and the physical security
Salary & Benefits
The successful Bid Manager can expect a competitive basic salary of up to with bonus and benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400