GBP50000 - 55000 / annum
1st April 2019
Robert Half Technology are recruiting for a fantastic DBA position with a sector leading and highly desired brand based in central Bristol. £50,000 - £55,000 + benefits.
The Role: Working as part of the Technology based in offices in central Bristol, the DBA will be responsible for Development, Maintenance and Support for the SQL Database.
Key Responsibilities / Main Activities:
- Work with the Head of IT Development to influence operational and project priorities.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and project management office to prioritise Data related development work on the Warehouse and import & export process.
- Provide regular updates and reporting to the broader technology team.
- Participate in, enhance and further automate the daily operational checks and contribute as required at a working level to assist the team with all aspects of their day-to-day responsibilities - Application Support, Database Administration and SQL Development being examples.
- Maintain a regular communication with the overall IT team regarding ongoing projects and planned releases in order to manage the throughput of change into the Production environment.
- Responsible for ensuring availability, performance & trend analysis
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2008 r2/2014/2016
- T-SQL (Stored Procs, Functions)
- SSIS (ETL)
- SSAS (Analysis Services / Cube processing)
- SSRS (Reporting Services) and Power-BI
- Team Foundation Server
- MS SQL Server Administration
- Agile methodologies
- Release Planning and Management
- Experience migrating applications and databases to newer versions of SQL Server
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment principles. E.g. DBUp
- Familiar with 3rd party monitoring and performance tools. E.g. SQL Sentry
Robert Half Technology are recruiting for a Database Administrator position with an innovative and dynamic, multiple award winning organisation based in central Bristol. The organisation is known for their customer engagement and putting the customer at the heart of their business.
Salary & Benefits:
The DBA will be offered a salary between £50,000 - £55,000 + excellent benefits.
Please apply or contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400