Director of Finance
Location : Bristol
Post Date : 28 June 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 476467
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Director of Finance to join a leading Housing Society based in the South West of England, Merlin (based in Chipping Sodbury, South Gloucestershire). To demonstrate the importance of this new role Merlin will offer an attractive basic salary plus benefits and bonus.
Merlin Housing is a 'customer first' business, their goal is to be a world class organisation providing homes in communities people aspire to live in to all 16,000 customers across close to 9,000 homes in the South West. Operating across the South Gloucestershire and Greater Bristol area, Merlin aim to deliver what the customer wants, at an acceptable price, managing and maintaining current properties and investing in the local area to help provide modern, quality homes. Merlin has ambitious plans to build up to 300 new homes a year over the next few years.
Reporting into the Chief Executive, you will be accountable for approximately 35 staff with an annual revenue budget responsibility of around £3m, in addition to a loan portfolio of approaching £200m. You will take the lead on achieving Merlin's Finance and ICT goals, with a clear focus on strengthening the balance sheet, together with all related risks. You will also play a very important part in contributing to Merlin's strategic planning, its values and future direction.
- Effectively lead and engage colleagues within the Finance Department so they play a key role in the success of Merlin.
- Lead on Merlin's Long Term Financial Plan and the directly linked Treasury strategy.
- Ensure that the company's financial reporting is robust, accurate and in line with agreed timescales.
- Ensure that the Company's ICT systems are fit for future purpose and operating as expected by the relevant elements of the Company. Further, play a strategic role alongside colleagues in determining and delivering Operating Models.
- Ensure clear controls and frameworks are in place to suitably mitigate risk and ensure compliance with regulatory, funding and all other relevant legislation.
- Work with colleagues across the Executive Team and board to ensure all corporate goals are delivered.
- Raise the organisation's profile in the sector generally and in particular with new partners and stakeholders in respect of business development opportunities.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be offered up to £110,000 dependent on experience. The role also includes attractive pension and bonus as well as 30 days holiday, and additional benefits (discounted gym membership, cycle-to-work scheme, childcare vouchers etc).
If this fantastic opportunity appeals to you then simply apply to this advert.
All direct and 3rd Party applications will be forwarded to Robert Half as part of the exclusivity agreement.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead