£18,000.00 - £22,000.00 / annum
17th October 2019
Accounting and Finance
FINANCE ASSISTANT (Cash collections/credit control)
£18,000 - £21,000 (flexibility is DOE)
Robert Half are working exclusively with a successful Utilities business in Bristol who are seeking ambitious, motivated, hard-working and Cash Collections Assistant to join their fast paced and everchanging team. This opportunity is perfect for the most enthusiastic individual who is eager to progress their skillset and develop. My client is on the upward curve, therefore is seeking the most talented and self-motivated individuals to add to their success. If you are resilient, adaptable and wants more from your job, this is the company for you as you certainly will not sit still.
The Cash Collections Assistant will report directly into the Credit Manager, working closely alongside other colleagues, stakeholders and wider finance function. The main responsibility of the role is to manage and coordinate the successful and timely collection of intercompany debt and to ensure that all debts and payments are received in line with company deadlines and policies.
Duties include but are not exhaustive to:
- To ensure the effective and timely collection of debt
- Develop and manage collaborative relationships across the end to end collections and resolutions process and work with all relevant teams, business areas, and clients in particular, to resolve any overdue debt issues/escalations.
- Effectively manage the disputes and query resolution process and escalated issues including those issues managed by the outsourced service provider
- AAT studying/a foundation of core finance/credit control experience is highly desirable, in exceptions where you don't, you must display enthusiasm, motivation and a desire to succeed in finance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a flair for building relationships
- Motivated, a self starter, enthusiastic, can handle pressure, adaptable to change
- Good understanding of operational excellence and organisational awareness
- Ability to manage and prioritise potentially competing tasks and activities
- Capable of managing own performance and work autonously
- The commitment, drive and tenacity to achieve high standards of customer excellence
Training and benefits:
- Generous annual leave and wider benefits package
- Study support if wanted
- Opportunity and encouragement to progress within credit control and/or within the wider finance function
- The opportunity to work with other likeminded individuals
Please don't delay in applying because the submission deadline is the end of next week as interviews will be held throughout October. Please contact Mia Collett on 0117 9935400 for further information and/or send an email expressing your interest.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400