Location : Bristol
Post Date : 24 October 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : 06010-0010147078
Line of Business : Accounting and Finance
Robert Half have partnered exclusively with the Elim Group to recruit an exciting new role as Finance Director, reporting directly to the Chief Executive to lead an effective finance function whilst supporting the Group through a period of change by helping influence key commercial and strategic decisions to drive growth, paying particular attention paid to growing Lime Property Ventures, Elim's commercial subsidiary.
This is a Finance Director position based in Thornbury, North Bristol. The role will suit a commercial and proactive Finance Director (or Financial Controller ready to step up to FD) who wants to assume a key role within the organisation, representing the Board of Directors from day one. The key responsibilities for the role are:
- To lead Elim's finance team ensuring that best practice is adopted and all internal requirements are met in all aspects of financial control, management and reporting
- To lead on the delivery of commercially-based finance (and associated) services to optimise the continued success of Elim Housing Association (EHA) and Lime Property Ventures (LPV) and the delivery of the business plan.
- To contribute to and influence the business strategy of the Group and be an active member of the Executive and Operational Management Teams. To deliver the financial strategy and the digital futures strategy.
- To deputise for the Chief Executive when necessary, in accordance with the reporting arrangements and authority levels applicable to that post. This also including acting as Company Secretary for EHA and LPV.
- To lead on the Group's financial plans, treasury management, regulatory plans, budgets and value-for-money initiatives, ensuring that optimal financing is made available.
- Take a lead role in business risk and contract management and to ensure that the association has the relevant controls, insurances and operational procedures in place
- To recruit, lead and engage the Finance Team ensuring they are supported and trained to deliver their business and personal objectives.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Competent producing consolidated statutory accounts, management accounts and budgets, with a good grasp of FRS 102
- Well balanced Accountant with a passion for commercial finance and strategic thinking, supported by a strong FP&A skill set; able to analyse complex financial information and make recommendations effectively
- Delivery of continuous improvement initiatives, driving efficiency's through a finance function
- Experience raising funds and treasury management
Elim Housing provide housing and support services to over 800 individuals and families, and have an ambitious development programme with an aim to deliver at least 200 new homes over the next three years. The Group consists of two separate, but complementary business streams. Elim Housing Association (EHA) and Lime Property Ventures (LPV), their commercial subsidiary, which is outlined as a focus area for the business.
Based in Thornbury, North Bristol, Elim Housing are committed to growth, increasing the scale of their housing and support services whilst building their commercial arm to support new property development and robust asset management.
Salary and Benefits:
£70,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
BS1 2NT Lewins Mead