3rd July 2019
Accounting and Finance
Turtle Bay opened the doors of its first restaurant in 2011, and has since brought the Caribbean concept of rum, reggae and jerk to 43 cities throughout the UK as well as two in Germany. The brand has stood out amongst a cluttered high street with their delicious Caribbean offering; simple yet bold food and drink menus, vibrant interior and a genuine interest in creating a memorable experience to suit its wide range of guests.
Turtle Bay's success has been achieved through creating a concept that is agile and current, with a focus on guest experience and a passion for exciting and interesting food and drink, all at an accessible price point. The in-restaurant experience and operation is a big component of the overall proposition; whilst each site is unique in its design, the guest experience and emotional engagement with the restaurant and its team continues to be an essential ingredient to the Turtle Bay brand.
Robert Half are delighted to be partnering with Turtle Bay to recruit a high calibre Finance Director to be based in the vibrant and fast-paced head office in Bristol City Centre. This role will be vital in continuing Turtle Bay's impressive growth and development as the business heads towards a very bright future.
The Finance Director will operate as a key member of the senior management team at Turtle Bay, with regular interaction with the CEO, COO and Chair of the Board. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management and direction of the Bristol based finance team of fourteen.
- Support the executive teams strategic planning process to define financial targets and key business assumptions while developing thoughtful methodologies and applying financial rigor throughout the process.
- Presenting to board on all matters of financial relevance and business performance metrics.
- Plan, develop, lead and execute a world-class financial planning and strategy function for Turtle Bay.
- Managing and developing business partnering relationships with key internal stakeholders at all levels up to and including board level.
- Building and developing long lasting relationships with key external stakeholders (i.e. Private Equity Investors, banks, audit partners etc).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on major company initiatives from the financial perspective.
- Support all financing activities with primary responsibilities focused on business model updates, generating financial schedules and interacting with potential investors on due diligence.
- Oversight of all areas of Financial and management control including budgeting, forecasting, reporting and business analytics.
- Oversight of development of financial systems and management information.
- Management and oversight of working capital and cash management.
- Drive an open, inclusive, value-based culture that promotes overall employee engagement.
- Lead with a keen eye toward organisational development, skill building and developing bench strength to support Turtle Bay longer term.
This is a hands-on role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The successful Finance Director must be a self-starter willing to "roll up his or her sleeves," and think and move quickly. The successful candidate will have held a senior position ideally in a multi-site retail business and be passionate about the industry and company. As the primary liaison between finance and users of financial information (including senior management), this individual must be able to provide business leaders with strategic and tactical insight and be viewed by them as a value-added business partner.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related area.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Must be able to confidently challenge and influence senior management on their plans and actions within the wider leadership organisation.
- Have the ability to achieve results by taking initiative, setting challenging / realistic goals and holding the business accountable.
- Detailed understanding of financial budgeting and forecasting concepts and modeling.
- Proven track record of success in hiring, mentoring and leading a team of skilled finance professionals to ensure professional development and high performance.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative communication skills with well-developed presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and naturally solution-oriented.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, making good decisions based on business priorities and objectives.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Lewins Mead, Bristol
gb 0117 993 5400